Wikiposts

Green Card Approved!

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 2:05 am
Just Joined

DiCo is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Green Card Approved!

Thank you to everyone that have shared their knowledge in this forum, it has been extremely useful for me over the past 8 months!

Yesterday my conditional green card was approved. I'll give you a brief overview of how it went.

Our appointment was set for 11 AM at the DC field office and we arrived 10-15 minutes early. We weren't called in by the interviewer until 12 PM so we just sat around getting more and more nervous.

Once we were finally called in by the friendly looking officer we first stood and swore to tell the truth etc. We then sat across the desk while she went over the AOS package to check all the details were still correct. Asked my date of birth, name, place of birth, social security number, parents nmes, where we live and how long we have lived there, my last POE and if I was checked by an immigration officer. All the questions were simple and basic. I was then asked what my partners name was, her date of birth and how we met.

Once all these details had been verified she asked to see supporting documents of our lives together and photos. We brought utility bills, joint bank statements, lease agreement and a joint tax return. She made copies of anything that was original so we could keep those. She had a look through the photos that we picked out and kept all copies to go with the file. There were no wedding pictures but just a random selection that had been taken over the last 3 years, she enjoyed looking at all the places we had been together.

She then said she was going to approve the application and to expect the card to arrive by post within 2 weeks. Out of her office within 20 minutes.

I did actually bring copies of the AOS package I sent, including a new I-864 with updated income and the employment contract as proof. However, none of this was requested by the officer so I didn't feel the need to hand it over. I went with the advice of people in this forum and just gave what she requested.

The experience as a whole went pretty smooth, but I have to say I'm pretty glad I don't have to worry about filing any more documents with USCIS for another 21 months (still doesn't seem that long away though... damn)!

Thanks again

Last edited by DiCo; Apr 3rd 2010 at 2:22 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 12:11 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Card Approved!

Well congratulations to you!!
Welcome to America, Mister Permanent Resident!