Wikiposts

Green Card Application Wait Time

Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

washsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nice
Default Green Card Application Wait Time

Hi there

I have just/ in process of moving to the US on an L1A visa to Virginia. My employer has agreed to sponsor me for a green card and I am about to start the I140 process.

DOes anyone have any idea how long it should take to achieve green card status? I have read that I140s are currently being turned around within 90 days and I495 within 6 months. IS this really true or am I being way too optimistic?

My immigration lawyer has said 2 years would be about right.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 8th 2010, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

TheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud of
Default Re: Green Card Application Wait Time

Originally Posted by washsaint
Does anyone have any idea how long it should take to achieve green card status? I have read that I140s are currently being turned around within 90 days and I495 within 6 months. IS this really true or am I being way too optimistic?
Presumably your I-140 will be filed under the EB-1(c) classification, thus avoiding labour certification. My I-140 was approved in 88 days (Texas Service Centre).
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

washsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nicewashsaint is just really nice

Yep - are you still waiting for I495 turnaround?
Old Jul 8th 2010, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

TheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud of

My I-485 isn't in yet, so I don't have a metric for that
Old Jul 8th 2010, 10:04 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

we sent our apps in 1st feb 09 - and got the green cards in the post in August 2009 - so about 6 months or so start to finish (L1A/L2's)

when we made the application our lawyer estimated a 1 year wait.
Old Jul 8th 2010, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

janette is on a distinguished road

Applied for both on 26th March 2010. Notification of approval of I 485 posted June 29th and I 140 received on July 6th, although internet still showed it as RFE.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Clarki is an unknown quantity at this point

My complete L1A to green card process took 5 months including one RFE.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 2:44 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheCynick
Presumably your I-140 will be filed under the EB-1(c) classification, thus avoiding labour certification. My I-140 was approved in 88 days (Texas Service Centre).
How long did it take to get receipt back from Texas?, my I-140 was received by USCIS Texas (FedEx confirmation) on July 1st.

Thanks,

tht
Old Jul 9th 2010, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tht
How long did it take to get receipt back from Texas?, my I-140 was received by USCIS Texas (FedEx confirmation) on July 1st.
4 days for me.
Old Jul 9th 2010, 3:04 am
tht

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

4 days for me.
Thanks, lawyer thinks it could be taking longer due to the 5th being a holiday etc. So waiting it will be....

tht
Old Jul 9th 2010, 3:11 am
tht

My I-485 isn't in yet, so I don't have a metric for that
Is there a reason you did not file them together (my lawyer did not either)?

tht
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

quick question for folks out there......

My I140 and I485 applications have been in for 3.5 months now and EAD (as part of the application) was approved today.

I am assuming the EAD approval has nothing to do with the I140 and 485 applications...in the sense that with this approved the others will follow shortly (ha ha)?

Guess I am clutching at straws thinking this has any bearing on my GC (EB1C) application!

With GC wait times getting longer and longer, the suspense/wait is starting to weigh heavily! My wife is telling me to try and forget it as it is out of our hands now but......

Cheers in advance!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by washsaint
quick question for folks out there......

My I140 and I485 applications have been in for 3.5 months now and EAD (as part of the application) was approved today.

I am assuming the EAD approval has nothing to do with the I140 and 485 applications...in the sense that with this approved the others will follow shortly (ha ha)?

Guess I am clutching at straws thinking this has any bearing on my GC (EB1C) application!

With GC wait times getting longer and longer, the suspense/wait is starting to weigh heavily! My wife is telling me to try and forget it as it is out of our hands now but......

Cheers in advance!
EAD timing has nothing to do with GC.
Be patient....just got my GC after a wait of 6 years, so think yourself lucky
Old Jan 21st 2011, 5:35 am
Forum Regular

airways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to allairways is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lisa67
EAD timing has nothing to do with GC.
Be patient....just got my GC after a wait of 6 years, so think yourself lucky
At the risk of being nosey, why so long?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 5:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airways
At the risk of being nosey, why so long?
It's all down to the type of visa you have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.