Green card

Old Jun 5th 2012, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Rimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Green card

Hi all

Pls help me... My husband applied for my fiance visa before we got married, but tht visa got declined....after tht we registered our marriage n he applied for my green card its been 4 months already but they r nt done with the background checks i guess n the case is still in usa... Im an indian n my husband is us citizen ..im 8 months pregnent...
Cn sombody tell me how much time it will take? N what will happen if my baby will born here?
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green card

Originally Posted by Rimi
Hi all

Pls help me... My husband applied for my fiance visa before we got married, but tht visa got declined....after tht we registered our marriage n he applied for my green card its been 4 months already but they r nt done with the background checks i guess n the case is still in usa... Im an indian n my husband is us citizen ..im 8 months pregnent...
Cn sombody tell me how much time it will take? N what will happen if my baby will born here?
Welcome to BE. I am moving your thread over to our US Marriage Visa forum...someone should be along soon to help answer your questions.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Why did the K-1 get denied?

What do you mean "registered our marriage"? Where did you get married? Where are you now?

He can't apply for your green card. If you are applying for your green card, it means you are inside the USA right now and you have applied for adjustment of status. If you are outside the USA right now, and he has filed an I-130 for you, you'll be getting an Immigrant Visa, not a green card.

It can take 5 or 6 months for the I-130 to be approved. After that, the case moves to NVC for more paperwork and processing, then you will get your medical done in India and appear for your Immigrant Visa interview. You can expect the entire process (from filing I-130 to Visa interview) to take about 10 months or so, maybe more if they are doing extra background checks.

Where is "here"? Do you mean India or USA?

Rene
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101

What do you mean "registered our marriage"? Where did you get married? Where are you now?

He can't apply for your green card. If you are applying for your green card, it means you are inside the USA right now and you have applied for adjustment of status. If you are outside the USA right now, and he has filed an I-130 for you, you'll be getting an Immigrant Visa, not a green card.

It can take 5 or 6 months for the I-130 to be approved. After that, the case moves to NVC for more paperwork and processing, then you will get your medical done in India and appear for your Immigrant Visa interview. You can expect the entire process (from filing I-130 to Visa interview) to take about 10 months or so, maybe more if they are doing extra background checks.

Rene
The OP is posting from India.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
The OP is posting from India.
Thanks. So in answer to "what will happen if my baby is born here (India)":

The baby would probably be a USC if the father is a USC. You'd need to get the baby a US Passport in order to travel to the USA. On the I-864 Affidavit of Support, the family size would then be 3 instead of 2 (assuming no other kids involved).

Rene
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:20 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

(India)
Citizenship issues with this particular country!
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Citizenship issues with this particular country!
True. I have no idea how that works, though, except that I don't think India allows dual citizenship.

Rene
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Welcome to BE. I am moving your thread over to our US Marriage Visa forum...someone should be along soon to help answer your questions.
Thnx
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

Rene
We registered our marriage in india coz my fiance visa ws denied for no reason they said they were nt satisfied with the proofs i provided although i gave each n everything....he is in usa now... He went to congressman too there...
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. So in answer to "what will happen if my baby is born here (India)":

The baby would probably be a USC if the father is a USC. You'd need to get the baby a US Passport in order to travel to the USA. On the I-864 Affidavit of Support, the family size would then be 3 instead of 2 (assuming no other kids involved).

Rene
Thnx
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:41 pm

We registered our marriage in india coz my fiance visa ws denied for no reason they said they were nt satisfied with the proofs i provided although i gave each n everything....he is in usa now... He went to congressman too there...
There's never just "no reason" for a visa denial. As you stated, it was denied because you didn't have enough proof of whatever they were looking for. Hopefully you won't run across the same problem with the Immigrant Visa.

Rene
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:42 pm

You will need to find out whether your baby will be born a USC, and if so, how to get him a US passport before you immigrate.

Rene
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

There's never just "no reason" for a visa denial. As you stated, it was denied because you didn't have enough proof of whatever they were looking for. Hopefully you won't run across the same problem with the Immigrant Visa.

Rene
I dont know butbi provided all the pics , bills , mails n guests list ...i mean everything they asked for
Old Jun 5th 2012, 6:48 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

True. I have no idea how that works, though, except that I don't think India allows dual citizenship.

Rene

That's about the extent of my knowledge. OP should investigate further.
Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:10 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know butbi provided all the pics , bills , mails n guests list ...i mean everything they asked for

Guest list for what? Your wedding? If you were married before your fiancee errr husband applied for your fiancee visa then of course you would be denied. You are no longer a fiancee but a spouse.

BTW your English is good but your explanations are not and we are having a difficult time understanding the details of your immigration processing. It would appear that your I-130 has NOT been approved as yet and that will mean that it will take another 6 to 10 months before you can hope to get an approved Immigration Visa in your passport.

You cannot be in background check at the moment since you have not reached that stage. When did your husband file the I-130 for you and why should a congressman help you? He needs an attorney not a congressman.

Last edited by Rete; Jun 5th 2012 at 8:12 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.