Green Card

Old Apr 1st 2012, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all
Default Green Card

I don't post very often because this forum is so rich with information that all the questions one could possibly ask have already been answered somewhere along the line...I think... This is thanks to you people here. Your dedication in helping others is heart warming. The fact that you use your own personal time to promptly answer anyone who comes here asking for help is truly admirable. You have made the whole visa process much easier for thousands of people- I'm sure! I am a great believer in Karma-the good that you do will come back to you in some way. May your lives be rich with blessings

I have finally received my long awaited for 2 year green card, and I just wanted to thank you all for your help along the way. The information I have gathered from this forum has been invaluable. Thank you so much!

There is one thing, however which unsettles me. The envelope in which it arrived was wide open. Do you think I should be alarmed?

Leah
Old Apr 1st 2012, 7:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Green Card

Originally Posted by cosmicjunkie
There is one thing, however which unsettles me. The envelope in which it arrived was wide open. Do you think I should be alarmed?
If you're talking about the plastic green card that comes in the mail to your US address, and the USCIS envelope was open, I wouldn't worry about it.

Rene
Old Apr 1st 2012, 7:09 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cosmicjunkie
Possibilities:
1/ The machine sealing it or the envelope stock were faulty.
2/ The mail man or neighbour opened it to see if there was anything worth nicking.
3/ The mail man is a small cog in in a criminal syndicate who take green card info and sell it on.

Your options for what might have happened:
1/ Nothing.
2/ Nothing.
3/ Nothing.
Old Apr 1st 2012, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

cosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to allcosmicjunkie is a name known to all

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Cool.....I won't worry about it then! It's just that a lot of people seem to be paranoid about identity theft over here and the few people I told about it sort of got me thinking negative thoughts.
Thanks Rene!
Old Apr 1st 2012, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Possibilities:
1/ The machine sealing it or the envelope stock were faulty.
2/ The mail man or neighbour opened it to see if there was anything worth nicking.
3/ The mail man is a small cog in in a criminal syndicate who take green card info and sell it on.

Your options for what might have happened:
1/ Nothing.
2/ Nothing.
3/ Nothing.
Sad, but true!