British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/)
-   -   Got NOA1 - Nebraska (https://britishexpats.com/forum/us-immigration-citizenship-visas-34/got-noa1-nebraska-184928/)

Hayo Oct 15th 2003 1:09 am

Got NOA1 - Nebraska

Just got the NOA1 today. The format of the number was: A## ### ###
I got all excited about, and I went to check status online. I got an error
that tells me that the number must be 13 charcters long. The above number
has just 11 characters(including spaces).
Does someone knows if I am missing something?!!!

Jon1905 Oct 15th 2003 1:46 am

Sounds like you're reading an A# (Alien Registration Number) which is 8 long (don't count the spaces)

What you want is the Receipt Number, which on my 1st NOA at least was in the top left corner.. EAC ## ### #####.

Hope this helps..

~ Jon

SeanH Oct 15th 2003 3:03 am

Re: Got NOA1 - Nebraska

Actually what you want is the 13 digit number that starts with and includes LIN##########

You will need that LIN number to be able to track your status online - it will be on your NOA1.

~Sean

Originally posted by Hayo
Just got the NOA1 today. The format of the number was: A## ### ###
I got all excited about, and I went to check status online. I got an error
that tells me that the number must be 13 charcters long. The above number
has just 11 characters(including spaces).
Does someone knows if I am missing something?!!!

aussieinor Oct 15th 2003 4:22 am

Hey Sean, are you in the US yet? How are plans coming for the wedding. What's going on man? We re-submitted our application as they lost our original one so we lost 3 months of processing time. You are too lucky mate!

Aussieinor

Originally posted by SeanH
Actually what you want is the 13 digit number that starts with and includes LIN##########

You will need that LIN number to be able to track your status online - it will be on your NOA1.

~Sean

SeanH Oct 15th 2003 4:29 am

Heya -

No still waiting to get over there - as we got a few hassles selling my home here and had to wait around for it to get done !
But got my fiance to fly over here - so that isnt too bad :)

Wedding is still planned for November 8th !!! :)
You should for sure go the DCF route - the ladies in the sydney consulate were very easy to deal with - as long as you are prepared with all the right documents.
Even though we did the 129F route - we were very lucky to get it all done in under 3 months :)

~Sean

Originally posted by aussieinor
Hey Sean, are you in the US yet? How are plans coming for the wedding. What's going on man? We re-submitted our application as they lost our original one so we lost 3 months of processing time. You are too lucky mate!

Aussieinor

aussieinor Oct 15th 2003 4:40 am

Good luck with the wedding, I'm sure it will all go well. Where are you guys going to be living? I'll be in Portland Oregon and can't wait to get back. She probably coming for New Years or some time around then. Maybe my K1 will be processed around that time anyway. Good to hear from you and keep in touch. Good luck selling your home, in the market in Aus you shouldn't have a problem. Sellers market.

Trent

Originally posted by SeanH
Heya -

No still waiting to get over there - as we got a few hassles selling my home here and had to wait around for it to get done !
But got my fiance to fly over here - so that isnt too bad :)

Wedding is still planned for November 8th !!! :)
You should for sure go the DCF route - the ladies in the sydney consulate were very easy to deal with - as long as you are prepared with all the right documents.
Even though we did the 129F route - we were very lucky to get it all done in under 3 months :)

~Sean

Alie&Steve Oct 15th 2003 2:47 pm

NOA receipt #'s

Just curious, do each of the service centres issue different letters on their receipt #'s?

I've noticed some say their receipt #'s start with EAC or LIN, but mine starts with SRC. Just wondered if that was because of the different service centres.

Alie

katesuiter1 Oct 15th 2003 2:53 pm

Re: NOA receipt #'s

Originally posted by Alie&Steve
Just curious, do each of the service centres issue different letters on their receipt #'s?

I've noticed some say their receipt #'s start with EAC or LIN, but mine starts with SRC. Just wondered if that was because of the different service centres.

Alie

That's the code for Texas. Mine was SRC also.

Kate. xxxxx:D:D:D

Hypertweeky Oct 15th 2003 2:54 pm

lin

Congrats!!.. the LIN.. is because Of Lincoln.. Nebraska :):)