Got my greencard!

Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

half-pint is on a distinguished road
Talking Got my greencard!

Thought I'd write a quickie.

I entered the US on the 5th September 2004. My card and welcome letter arrived in the mail today, nearly one month later.

That's me done with any immigration business for just under two years. I now have to pass my driving test and written theory test. Plus I had a job interview today for an Instructional Aide until I get my teaching certification ...fingers crossed.

Ellie
Old Oct 7th 2004, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura aboutLucyMO has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Got my greencard!

congrats and good luck!
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

hopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by half-pint

I entered the US on the 5th September 2004. My card and welcome letter arrived in the mail today, nearly one month later.

That's me done with any immigration business for just under two years. I now have to pass my driving test and written theory test. Plus I had a job interview today for an Instructional Aide until I get my teaching certification ...fingers crossed.

Ellie
Great news!!! The driving test is pretty easy...I was sweating over nothing before I took mine!!...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Rukhie is an unknown quantity at this point

Ellie

Congrats!!!! Good luck with the interview and the driving test! i'm sure you'll do great!
Old Oct 8th 2004, 2:43 am
US resident at last :)

mstracy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ellie
Hi Ellie,

Only one welcome letter? I got several.
How did you do with the SSN? I waited for mine but it didn't come so I went and asked; the embassy didn't put in the application so I had to do it myself.

Mark
Old Oct 8th 2004, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Ellie
Congratulations.... and good luck with the tests.....
Old Oct 8th 2004, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Nevada b4 California b4 Colorado b4 Valley of plastic and sand, b4 London
veryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond reputeveryfunny has a reputation beyond repute

GREAT NEWS!!!!

Ellie
Old Oct 8th 2004, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

half-pint is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mstracy
Hi Ellie,

Only one welcome letter? I got several.
How did you do with the SSN? I waited for mine but it didn't come so I went and asked; the embassy didn't put in the application so I had to do it myself.

Mark
Hi Mark,

Yes only one letter! How come you got two?

I got my SSN last week. I also waited and then went down to the office to apply for one. I just got a job offer five minutes ago..but I'm in the situation where I had another interview yesterday for a job with salary and benefits...so I told the job offer people that I was waiting to hear back from my interview yesterday and that I'd be in touch the beginning of next week...argh..I'm not sure how that sort of thing works over here.

Ellie
Old Oct 8th 2004, 10:17 am
US resident at last :)

mstracy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark,

Yes only one letter! How come you got two?

I got my SSN last week. I also waited and then went down to the office to apply for one. I just got a job offer five minutes ago..but I'm in the situation where I had another interview yesterday for a job with salary and benefits...so I told the job offer people that I was waiting to hear back from my interview yesterday and that I'd be in touch the beginning of next week...argh..I'm not sure how that sort of thing works over here.

Ellie
I got four in total I think.... I guess they wanted to make me feel really welcome or something

Good luck with the jobs. It sounds like you'll be fine.

Mark