Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Got a DV-2010 LOTTERY WIN,now what...

Got a DV-2010 LOTTERY WIN,now what...

Old Jul 8th 2009, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

l1rz1p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got a DV-2010 LOTTERY WIN,now what...

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
You must realize that was the truth for *HIM*. That is not necessarily the truth for *YOU*. You can't put "no" just because someone else put "no". You can't just put "no" without fully reading and understanding what is being asked.

It is better *if* it is true.

Ian
Thanks for your reply, i found a strange question and i feel stupid, i'm sorry to post it, it says :

3. Full Name In Native Alphabet (if Roman letters not used): Should i write here my name in native alphabet, for exemple my native language is Arabic so should i write the name in arabic ? that's what they mean ?

And for using "No", i sat all option to No because no situation apply to me, i have no criminal records and i'm not going there to make problems, i'm just clean guy who want to make his life and help his family that's all.

What do you mean with ( It is better *if* it is true. ) "none" can be used right ?

Thank you
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

Mithu is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear l1rz1p,
Please read the instruction again. You dont need to send any documents with the forms. You only have to send the filled up form dsp-230 part l & part ll and dsp-122 with barcode sheet and one copy 2"* 2" (DV size) photo graph for each. You should try to collect the suggested papers to submit those at the interview in consulate office.
Old Jul 8th 2009, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by l1rz1p
3. Full Name In Native Alphabet (if Roman letters not used): Should i write here my name in native alphabet, for exemple my native language is Arabic so should i write the name in arabic ? that's what they mean ?
Yes, for #3, write your full name in Arabic.

What do you mean with ( It is better *if* it is true. ) "none" can be used right ?
I mean only that if "none" is true, then put "none". Yes, you can use "none".

Ian
Old Oct 6th 2009, 3:08 am
Just Joined

l1rz1p is an unknown quantity at this point

hello,
hope this message finds you in good shape, i was always applying to get a us visa through the us visa lottery, in the form, there was a question called :

13. In Care of : ---------------

what does it mean ? do i have to fill in my full name ? i wish that i didn't make this mistake in each time i apply please advise me i asked you this in case you came accros through it.

Thank you alot
Old Oct 6th 2009, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by l1rz1p
what does it mean ?
http://tinyurl.com/yagcd2q

Ian
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:30 pm
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

Just got my appointment through for my interview. Dec 9TH 2009, and my pack was sent out on the 15th of Oct, so need to get finger out and get working.
We are looking to get sorted then get over around May /June time to sort of look around. It should be Dec 2010 now for arrival, I'm really shocked at how quick the appointment is, I thought and have read that I was looking at around March to get seen..

I have been reading non stop about the economy and just how bad it is, I am actually dreading the move over stuff, just want to be there and have that house, Job and settled into my new working lifestyle, I am looking at around 3-6mths before finding a job, looking at local papers (Orlando sentenial) and Monster, career builder, I am seeing an average of around 150-200 jobs per week in Maintenance, but need to be there really to get true picture
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:40 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by radion
Just got my appointment through for my interview. Dec 9TH 2009, and my pack was sent out on the 15th of Oct, so need to get finger out and get working.
We are looking to get sorted then get over around May /June time to sort of look around. It should be Dec 2010 now for arrival, I'm really shocked at how quick the appointment is, I thought and have read that I was looking at around March to get seen..

I have been reading non stop about the economy and just how bad it is, I am actually dreading the move over stuff, just want to be there and have that house, Job and settled into my new working lifestyle, I am looking at around 3-6mths before finding a job, looking at local papers (Orlando sentenial) and Monster, career builder, I am seeing an average of around 150-200 jobs per week in Maintenance, but need to be there really to get true picture
You may need to revise your timetable a little. Assuming you get the visa on Dec 9th, it'll only have a 6 month validity. And no, you can't extend it. It's a one-shot deal.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 6:45 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
You may need to revise your timetable a little. Assuming you get the visa on Dec 9th, it'll only have a 6 month validity. And no, you can't extend it. It's a one-shot deal.
Yeah.. radion, what was the part about Dec 2010 all about?
Don't you have to enter before Oct 1 anyway? (to stay in the DV 'year'?)
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:55 pm
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Understand that I think Fatbrit, would be May then, just within 6 mths, then go over to reccy and activate my Visa...Yes??
then that would give me 6mths to move after activation, or is that all wrong
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:56 pm
Wishful thinking...

Originally Posted by meauxna
Yeah.. radion, what was the part about Dec 2010 all about?
Don't you have to enter before Oct 1 anyway? (to stay in the DV 'year'?)
Do I Meauxna, I dont know, I thought the above really, is that wrong
Old Oct 21st 2009, 7:59 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Understand that I think Fatbrit, would be May then, just within 6 mths, then go over to reccy and activate my Visa...Yes??
then that would give me 6mths to move after activation, or is that all wrong
Once you use the Immigrant Visa to enter the USA (in May 2010), then you become a US Permanent Resident from that moment on. You will receive your green card (and maybe your SS card, too) several weeks after arrival.

You CAN leave the USA right away if you want to, but make sure you have started your ties going to the USA - stable address, banking, etc. And don't be gone outside the USA for more than 6 months at a time...much less is preferred.

Rene
Old Oct 21st 2009, 8:05 pm
Wishful thinking...

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Once you use the Immigrant Visa to enter the USA (in May 2010), then you become a US Permanent Resident from that moment on. You will receive your green card (and maybe your SS card, too) several weeks after arrival.

You CAN leave the USA right away if you want to, but make sure you have started your ties going to the USA - stable address, banking, etc. And don't be gone outside the USA for more than 6 months at a time...much less is preferred.

Rene
Cheers Rene, thats what I was going on really, that is what I will be doing, thank you for that, had a horrible thought I had got it wrong...
Old Oct 21st 2009, 9:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

It's worth finding out. I don't know if it is enough to have the visa issued in the fiscal year, or if you need to use it within the fiscal year (fiscal year ends Sept 30).
The visa will be valid for 6 months from issue and must be used within that time.

If you need to leave again, as Rene says, you can do that. However, from the moment you enter onward, you are a US Permanent Resident, and will want to mind your status. Also have a safe place in the US for your Green Card + SS cards to be delivered if you're not waiting for them.
The US address you give at entry is the one they'll send them to, in case you change from what is on DS-230.
Old Oct 21st 2009, 11:45 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
It's worth finding out. I don't know if it is enough to have the visa issued in the fiscal year, or if you need to use it within the fiscal year (fiscal year ends Sept 30).
The visa will be valid for 6 months from issue and must be used within that time.

If you need to leave again, as Rene says, you can do that. However, from the moment you enter onward, you are a US Permanent Resident, and will want to mind your status. Also have a safe place in the US for your Green Card + SS cards to be delivered if you're not waiting for them.
The US address you give at entry is the one they'll send them to, in case you change from what is on DS-230.
I'll also add, that if you anticpate being out of the USA longer than 6 months, it would be in your best interest to apply for a Re-Entry Permit *before* you leave the USA. You must stay in the USA until you have your biometrics taken (maybe a few weeks), but you are allowed to leave the USA without the actual Re-Entry Permit. It can either be mailed to the US Embassy where you'll be, or someone picking up your mail in the USA can send it to you.

Rene
Old Oct 22nd 2009, 12:04 pm
Boston Sep 15th

starky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud ofstarky has much to be proud of

Its not uncommon for people to come over on an activation trip. People who get there DV visas very early in the fiscal year sometimes just have too much logistics to organise before the visa exp date. As long as you are planning on coming back permanently sooner rather then later you will be fine. As mentioned you could get a reentry permit. That can buy you two years as far as I know. As one of the other posters mentioned as soon as you "activate" the visa and become a LPR then you will need to make sure that you do as much as you can to protect your "status" so that you don't lose it. The time frames you are talking about though will not be a problem. On another point, the DV visa has to be issued in the DV fiscal year, so thats before sept 30th 2010. However as soon as you get it on your interview date you will have 6 months to come over and get the ball rolling. And if I were you I would plan to be here well before the visa expiries, just to be on the safe side :-). out of interest Are you planing a move to FL?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.