Got approved.....what now?

Old Nov 10th 2002, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Jay S is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Got approved.....what now?

My fiance got approval from TSC a couple weeks ago. Just to give you our timeline:

Aug. 13/02 - K1 application recieved by TSC. My fiance recieved 1st NOA several days later.
Sept. 18/02 - Fiance recieved RFE.
Oct. 9/02 - Evidence recieved by TSC.
Oct. 29/02 - Petition approved. My fiance recieved 2nd NOA several days later.

Since I am in Toronto, my understanding is that I will have to go to Montreal for my interview. How long does it usually take (after approval) for ppl to recieve an interview date from the consulate? How do I go about getting an interview date? Can someone explain the process for me?

My fiance would also like to come to the interview with me, but she won't be able to get any time off work until January. Is there any way to request an interview date in January?
Old Nov 11th 2002, 6:45 am
Account Closed

katesuiter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got approved.....what now?

Originally posted by Jay S
My fiance got approval from TSC a couple weeks ago. Just to give you our timeline:

Aug. 13/02 - K1 application recieved by TSC. My fiance recieved 1st NOA several days later.
Sept. 18/02 - Fiance recieved RFE.
Oct. 9/02 - Evidence recieved by TSC.
Oct. 29/02 - Petition approved. My fiance recieved 2nd NOA several days later.

My fiance would also like to come to the interview with me, but she won't be able to get any time off work until January. Is there any way to request an interview date in January?
Hi Jay!
Blimey, I think I'm hallucinating........an approval from TSC???????!!!!! Tell me I'm dreaming!!!!!! Sorry, got carried away there, didn't think that TSC were still open, there's been so little word on it!!!
I'm not sure about Montreal as far as interviews go, but London said they do try to accomodate people when they request an interview date, so it might be worth explaining why you want one when you do. Can't hurt, right?
Congratulations!!! Hopefully, the people (including myself) who are eagerly waiting for word from Texas will hear something soon.
Good luck!!
Kate. xxxxx
Old Nov 11th 2002, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't get too excited just yet Kate. Notice the filing date? It's the people after 9/11/2002 we're waiting to hear from.

Either way Jay congrats. I assure you that right now you are the envy of more than one participant on this forum.

The consulates tend to be a little more flexible if they see you are prepared and have a good reason to need to travel early. That is my understanding and has been my experience with Argentina at least. The UK, Colombia, Venezuela also from what my colleagues advise here.

A nicely detailed email would not hurt and if not a visit may help. Could not hurt.

Good luck and again MUCH CONGRATS

Ange

Originally posted by katesuiter
Hi Jay!
Blimey, I think I'm hallucinating........an approval from TSC???????!!!!! Tell me I'm dreaming!!!!!! Sorry, got carried away there, didn't think that TSC were still open, there's been so little word on it!!!
I'm not sure about Montreal as far as interviews go, but London said they do try to accomodate people when they request an interview date, so it might be worth explaining why you want one when you do. Can't hurt, right?
Congratulations!!! Hopefully, the people (including myself) who are eagerly waiting for word from Texas will hear something soon.
Good luck!!
Kate. xxxxx
Old Nov 12th 2002, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Jay S is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anyone who can help me out with this question.....there seems to be so much info available on this newsgroup, I imagine somebody must know something about this.
Old Nov 13th 2002, 12:58 pm
Sheryl

Jay S wrote in message news:...
    > Is there anyone who can help me out with this question.....there seems
    > to be so much info available on this newsgroup, I imagine somebody must
    > know something about this.

Jay,

When we were finally approved, and our case left the NVC, I sent an
email to tell them we were approved, and a day or so later telephoned
the consulate to see if we could schedule an interview. When I
telephoned, I told them we were documentarily prepared for interview.
They mentioned December, and I told them I was hoping to have my
husband here for Thanksgiving and my birthday. She was kind enough to
give us an interview date that fell within two weeks of our
conversation, thus allowing him to arrive here for both. I was in
touch with the consulate from the get go, however. We are fortunate
to be going through a consulate filled with very helpful people. Much
of your success will depend on your particular consulate. Some are
terribly unhelpful, while others seem to very efficient and sensitive.

Good luck!
Sheryl