Going For Citizenship

Old May 7th 2009, 8:25 pm
Banned

241049 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Going For Citizenship

I am preparing to apply for citizenship early next year, does anyone have any advice they can give concerning the interview and test.. Is the test very difficult, and how many questions do they usually ask? As a Brit do I have to do the English test?

Thanks
Old May 7th 2009, 8:48 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going For Citizenship

Originally Posted by 241049
I am preparing to apply for citizenship early next year, does anyone have any advice they can give concerning the interview and test.. Is the test very difficult, and how many questions do they usually ask? As a Brit do I have to do the English test?

Thanks
Everything you need can be found in the USCIS Guide to Naturalization, found at www.uscis.gov., including the 100 Civics Test Questions and Answers.

At the interview, they will determine whether you indeed qualify for citizenship. They will ask 10 of those 100 Civics Questions, 6 of which you must get right in order to pass.

Yes, you will have to do an English test as well, even if it's your native language. You will have to read one sentence aloud, and will have to write a sentence the officer tells you. The officer decides ahead of time what those sentences are.

Rene
Old May 7th 2009, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond reputeAlanR has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Take care - you have to take an American test: even though they call it an English test. It's so simple. However, they may ask you to write: The colors in our flag are red, white and blue". And by 'our' they mean the USA, of course. So spell color correctly for this side of the pond!
They will select 10 questions from a list (do a Google search) and you need to get only 6 right. Unless you have any major crimes or file too early then you'll not have a problem.
Good luck!
Old May 7th 2009, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Hello, 241049. Welcome to BE. May we call you 241?
Most of the questions are not difficult. There are a few dates to be memorized, as well as a few specific details about the constitution, but the material is easy to review. You'll have to do the English "test", which is nothing more than reading and writing two VERY SIMPLE sentences. Very simple as in "He drives a blue car" for example.
Old May 7th 2009, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlanR
The colors in our flag are red, white and blue".
In the UK, "our" colours are also "red, white, and blue".

Ian
Old May 7th 2009, 11:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Since the OP has been banned, thread is closed.

Alan, I'm surprised and a little disappointed. The language in America is still called English.
The test has also been changed; you may want to check your assumptions about the test questions.