getting worried

Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default Re: getting worried

Incredible
I'd never heard of Infopass - Where is Ostrich Watch when you need them
(unfortunately I couldn't print off the explanation page on it)
But I filled it in and have an appointment at 0745 tomorrow !!!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

CAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rogerpenycate
Incredible
I'd never heard of Infopass - Where is Ostrich Watch when you need them
(unfortunately I couldn't print off the explanation page on it)
But I filled it in and have an appointment at 0745 tomorrow !!!
Good luck tomorrow, I hope you get it all sorted out!
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CAsunlover
Good luck tomorrow, I hope you get it all sorted out!
Thanks
Roger
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rogerpenycate
Thanks
Roger

Looking forward to hearing your results, Roger. At least you got a super early appointment and very very quickly as well. That bodes well for not having a 5 hour wait for a 7:45 am appointment ;-)
Old Aug 24th 2005, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
Looking forward to hearing your results, Roger. At least you got a super early appointment and very very quickly as well. That bodes well for not having a 5 hour wait for a 7:45 am appointment ;-)
Thank you my dear, I'll report back after my 'experience'
Fortunately I am not 'on call' this week
Old Sep 5th 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for the help and advise,it was agood thing that INfopass was mentioned.
I went on the gvnt site and clicked on Infopass and surprisingly got an appointment for the following day.
In the meantime I checked and they had cashed my check for $110 to re-open my case.
When I got to Hartford for my 7:45 am appt I signed in and sat there until about 11 and nothing happened so I joined the queue again.
As I got to the counter the lady said "Oh you're the one who is out of status in 3 days time, I think your residency has been TR'd" which apparently means Terminated !!!
Ouch !!
I said "That can't be the case you've cashed my cheque to re-open the case and anyway you have my file here"
She dissapeared out back and came back and told me my file had been sent to Vermont for review.
I then proceeded to give her my paperwork proving that the mistake wasn't mine and that Fairfax had made the error, and that I had documentary evidence that I have done everything correctly and in a timely fashion.
To cut this a bit shorter and with a lot of 'bullying' and persuading, she eventually stamped another I-551 for one year, into my passport adding
"Subject to review"
What a find incredulous is that whilst my case is under review they would have quietly let me slip out of status,without even sending me any confirmation or temporary extension letter. When the Officer in Hartford stamped my passport (under duress) as far as Vermont knew I was slipping into oblivion.
Where do I do from here, who knows, I just have to wait until I hear from Vermont.

Last edited by rogerpenycate; Sep 5th 2005 at 2:53 pm.