getting worried

Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of
Default getting worried

For those of you who remember me I'm now firmly re-settled in Connecticut (about 25 miles north of New York),working all hours god sends, but at least feel like I'm making headway and getting established.
Any advice or info woulr be appreciated.
The one year extension of my 2 year permanent residency expires next week and I haven't heard from Immigration.
To cut a long story short, I was given an interview date back in June and they had failed to take into account that I had moved (despite sending the necessary forms to them)
The interview was for Washington DC and so I wrote to them asking if it could be moved to Hartford, CT as I had re-located.
I hand't heard from them a week for before the interview date and so I phoned the 'hotline' something which was difficult to do as for the last 4 months I had been working from 6:00 am - 8:00 pm 6 days a week. Anyway I managed to phone them and the immigration person told me to wait until the interview date had passed and then write.
The next thing I know I get a letter saying that as I'd failed to appear in DC my application for removal of conditions had been cancelled and to re-apply sending $110.
I wrote to them 'complaining' and heard nothing.
I phoned the hotline and was told I MUST send the $110 before they will even re-look at my case.
Since then (about 1 month ago) nothing.
I have all of the necesary copies of forms,corrspondence and certified post office delivery confirmations.
My status effectively expires on the 29th August.
Help !!!
What's the worst they can do ?
Also it's difficult for me to find the time to spend ages waiting on the phone for it to be answered.
Cheers to a you all
Roger
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

CAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant futureCAsunlover has a brilliant future
Default Re: getting worried

Originally Posted by rogerpenycate
For those of you who remember me I'm now firmly re-settled in Connecticut (about 25 miles north of New York),working all hours god sends, but at least feel like I'm making headway and getting established.
Any advice or info woulr be appreciated.
The one year extension of my 2 year permanent residency expires next week and I haven't heard from Immigration.
To cut a long story short, I was given an interview date back in June and they had failed to take into account that I had moved (despite sending the necessary forms to them)
The interview was for Washington DC and so I wrote to them asking if it could be moved to Hartford, CT as I had re-located.
I hand't heard from them a week for before the interview date and so I phoned the 'hotline' something which was difficult to do as for the last 4 months I had been working from 6:00 am - 8:00 pm 6 days a week. Anyway I managed to phone them and the immigration person told me to wait until the interview date had passed and then write.
The next thing I know I get a letter saying that as I'd failed to appear in DC my application for removal of conditions had been cancelled and to re-apply sending $110.
I wrote to them 'complaining' and heard nothing.
I phoned the hotline and was told I MUST send the $110 before they will even re-look at my case.
Since then (about 1 month ago) nothing.
I have all of the necesary copies of forms,corrspondence and certified post office delivery confirmations.
Help !!!
Also it's difficult for me to find the time to spend ages waiting on the phone for it to be answered.
Cheers to a you all
Roger
Why don't you make an info pass appointment and take all the paperwork, evidence and such with you and try to clear things up.

You should put your immigration issues before work and try to get this solved asap!

Good luck!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:02 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

ago) nothing.
Help !!!
Cheers to a you all
Roger
heya Roger!
Not a good story
I'm with the CAsunlover.. make an InfoPass appointment, even if it means taking some time off-- I know you're a hard worker, but this has got to get handled.
Take your whole file with you, with the I-751 submission on top. I'd also go prepared to pay the fee (what that exact fee is, I don't know. The I-751 app is currently $200).
Forget the phone people.. useless at best. You need to get there and see someone face to face who has the ability to do something for you. You can book the appointments online & if youi don't get one right away, keep trying, especially later at night when new appointments are released on the online system.
You've only got a week tho!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hey Meauxna, hope things are well
Thanks for yours and Cas input.
I've already done the I-751 forms and sent in the $200, that I did some 15 months ago.
Surely if I can prove that the negligence is with them, I can prove I've sent all of the forms, prove I requested a change of location etc.....etc.
Surely they won't come knocking on my door and take me to Kennedy International !!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry Mona :0)
what's the process involved in getting an info pass interview, I've never heard of it before ?
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:25 pm
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Mona :0)
what's the process involved in getting an info pass interview, I've never heard of it before ?
You can do it online here:

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nettlebed
You can do it online here:

https://infopass.uscis.gov/info_en.php
Thanks for that, I guess I'm way out of touch.
Now in my day zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rog

Do the infopass appointment but do one for Hartford, CT not DC.

I have to ask if you sent notification to the VSC as well as the AR-11 to Kentucy and I-865 for Ida's change of address as financial sponsor. Where does this leave your daughter?
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I know.. these modern conveniences tsk.

Rete's got a good point.. did you notify VSC of the move?
Ay, what a pickle.

Look, it may well be their fault, but you're the one with a deadline now, and we're only talking $100 bucks here. Not that I'd want to throw 100 away, but I would, to keep my DAH here
You're worth it, Roger!
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rete
Hi Rog

Do the infopass appointment but do one for Hartford, CT not DC.

I have to ask if you sent notification to the VSC as well as the AR-11 to Kentucy and I-865 for Ida's change of address as financial sponsor. Where does this leave your daughter?
Hi Rete,
Where's my cup of tea ?
I sent the change of address to Kentucky and to Fairfaz VA where my case was being handled and where I was told by the telephone hotline to send it to.
I haven't sent any notification with regard to Idas sponsorship, I didn't know I had to.
Katie is dealing with her own application and by the way is 8 months pregant via her American boyfriend, I think I mentioned this before, grandfatherhood becomes more iminent by the day.
Overall I'm wondering if I've been extremely remiss here.
I thought that once I'd received the interview the process would be a virtual formality as long as I could provide all of the necessary 'evidence' which I have no problem with whatsoever.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=meauxna]I know.. these modern conveniences tsk.

Ay, what a pickle.

Look, it may well be their fault, but you're the one with a deadline now, and we're only talking $100 bucks here. Not that I'd want to throw 100 away, but I would, to keep my DAH here

You're worth it, Roger.
(How sweet of you to say) xxx

Mo,
I've already sent off the $110 to re-open the case, that was over a month ago and I've had the post office delivery confirmation, still nothing
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:49 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=rogerpenycate]
Originally Posted by meauxna
I know.. these modern conveniences tsk.

Ay, what a pickle.

You're worth it, Roger.
(How sweet of you to say) xxx

Mo,
I've already sent off the $110 to re-open the case, that was over a month ago and I've had the post office delivery confirmation, still nothing
Rog

It takes time and your tea will be ready when you get your arse here. Sorry that we were once again unable to make it on Sunday. Between your plans and ours we are always a near miss.

Really though you need to get to Hartford and ask them what to do. The misinformation number didn't give you the wrong information just that it was very unlikely that Fairfax linked up the change of address with your scheduled appointment thus the problem.

Hartford should be able to assist in getting things straightened out by having your file transferred to them from the Lee Summit address and then proceed with their conducting the I-751 interview. You are correct that the interview will probably only be a formality.

Bring all the docs to them and see what they can do for you. If worse comes to worse see if you can get someone of influence involved from a congressman's office and/or get an immigration attorney to sort things out.

At least with the Infopass appointment you won't need to take a full day off of work and probably still be "on call" while you go to the Hartford office.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rete,
What I can't understand is that I had a subsequent letter from Fairfax saying my file was being transferred to Hartford but was told I had to send the $110 to them at Fairfax.
I've also been copying most recent correspondence to hartford

All very confusing.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:10 pm
Concierge

Rete,
What I can't understand is that I had a subsequent letter from Fairfax saying my file was being transferred to Hartford but was told I had to send the $110 to them at Fairfax.
I've also been copying most recent correspondence to hartford

All very confusing.

Sounds like after they received your $110 and reopened your file then they would forward it to Hartford for further processing. That is what it would appear on the surface and would seem the most plausible.

However, others who have had to reopen files for AOS had to do so by applying at Lee Summit's MSC and not at the local district office.

You are going to need to go to Hartford anyway for another I-551 stamp (in case you need to travel outside of the US) so make the appointment now and kill two birds with one Infopass.
Old Aug 23rd 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks as usual.
So what's the implication if I don't get a 'meeting' at Hartford quite quickly and go 'out of status' will it cause me any major problems.
Bit disconserting really as I felt that I'd done everything correctly, both documentary and chronologically

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.