Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Getting Ready to Apply for U.S. Citizenship

Getting Ready to Apply for U.S. Citizenship

Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:26 pm
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question Getting Ready to Apply for U.S. Citizenship

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing real good I haven't visited this forum since May that was when my husband had his conditions removed on his conditional green card. Since May of this year he has been a permanent resident without any conditions. What a relief. I want to once again thank everyone who responded to all my post with helpful information, words of wisdom, encouragement and support. I couldn't have done it without all your help and support.

I have some questions once again that I am hoping some of you very knowledgable & experienced people can assist me with. My husband is getting ready to file for his U.S. citizenship based on his marriage to me (U.S. citizen).
Besides completely filling out the application what other supporting documentation are you supposed to send in with your application? Where to you get the most recent application from? Where do you send the application for U.S. citizenship? we live in San Diego California. Does anyone know the exact address & department we send it to? We are hoping we can file ourselves and not hire an attorney since our case is so simple and straight forward. I would really appreciate very much if someone could please assist
me with these questions?

Fondly
June
Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:44 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting Ready to Apply for U.S. Citizenship

Originally Posted by June
I have some questions once again that I am hoping some of you very knowledgable & experienced people can assist me with. My husband is getting ready to file for his U.S. citizenship based on his marriage to me (U.S. citizen).
Besides completely filling out the application what other supporting documentation are you supposed to send in with your application? Where to you get the most recent application from? Where do you send the application for U.S. citizenship? we live in San Diego California. Does anyone know the exact address & department we send it to? We are hoping we can file ourselves and not hire an attorney since our case is so simple and straight forward. I would really appreciate very much if someone could please assist
me with these questions?

Fondly
June
Hi June,

All your questions can be answered by going to www.uscis.gov, and reading about Naturalization there. The form you need is N-400. There are instructions and guidelines on the form, and on the website.

Congratulations to your husband.

Rene
Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:56 pm
Polish Jelly

ania is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi June,
I just filed for Naturalization last week.

This is what I sent:
1. Form N-400
2. Check for $400 (application fee and fingerprinting fee)
3. List of my trips outside of United States that did not fit in N-400 form
4. Copy of my expired 2- year residency card
5. Copy of my removal of conditions approval letter
6. 2 ADIT Photos
7. Our marriage certificate
8. My husband’s birth certificate
9. Copies of our joint checking account statements
10. Copies of our joint residence rental lease
11. Copies of 2003, 2004, and 2005 joint tax returns
12. Copies of our joint car and renters insurance policies
13. Copies of our health care policies

The USCIS site just got a major change, so all the forms and fees are up to date. There used to be a Guide to Naturalization, but the link doesn't work right now ( it didn't for me). Maybe because of the site makeover.

If I'm correct all the N-400 are being sent to
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87426
Lincoln, NE 68501-7426

Good luck!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:59 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ania
The USCIS site just got a major change, so all the forms and fees are up to date. There used to be a Guide to Naturalization, but the link doesn't work right now ( it didn't for me). Maybe because of the site makeover.
Yeah, you really have to hunt for pages now. It might be harder for people who actually know what they are looking for!

New Naturalization Home Page:
http://tinyurl.com/y8rgk8
(oh yeah, their links are waaaay too long now!)
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:39 pm

Scarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond reputeScarlett-Dallas has a reputation beyond repute

...If I'm correct all the N-400 are being sent to
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box 87426
Lincoln, NE 68501-7426

Good luck!
I don't believe that's correct. I sent mine to the Texas Service Center.

The following is from the new USCIS website:

Where to File :
Send your N-400 application and supporting documents to the Service Center having jurisdiction over your place of residence.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

Regards
-=-
Scarlett
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:44 pm
Polish Jelly

ania is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scarlett-Dallas
I don't believe that's correct. I sent mine to the Texas Service Center.
Scarlett, You are right. I wasn't thinking. Now, I read the original post again, and she mentioned that she was from San Diego.
-Ania
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 2:10 pm
june

June has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud ofJune has much to be proud of
Question Re: Getting Ready to Apply for U.S. Citizenship

Scarlett, You are right. I wasn't thinking. Now, I read the original post again, and she mentioned that she was from San Diego.
-Ania
Hi All,

Does anyone know the exact address at the California Service Center where we would mail my husband's N 400 U.S. Citizenship application to? I don't want to just guess and take the chance that his application ends up getting lost or routed to a different section/unit within the CSC. We want to make as best an effort as possible to hopefully ensure his N 400 experience goes as smooth as possible. Responses would be very much appreciated. Thanks again.

Fondly
June
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 2:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by June
Hi All,

Does anyone know the exact address at the California Service Center where we would mail my husband's N 400 U.S. Citizenship application to? I don't want to just guess and take the chance that his application ends up getting lost or routed to a different section/unit within the CSC. We want to make as best an effort as possible to hopefully ensure his N 400 experience goes as smooth as possible. Responses would be very much appreciated. Thanks again.

Fondly
June
June, go to this document (Guide to Naturalization): http://www.ailc.com/services/natz/English.pdf and go to page 33. The address is there.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 3:51 pm
june

Wink Re: Getting Ready to Apply for U.S. Citizenship

Originally Posted by Noorah101
June, go to this document (Guide to Naturalization): http://www.ailc.com/services/natz/English.pdf and go to page 33. The address is there.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Thanks Rene your the best!!