Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

getting different answers from NVC

Wikiposts

getting different answers from NVC

Old Sep 10th 2003, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

waitinfordave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default getting different answers from NVC

Hi everyone,
I called NVC yeterday to see how our petition was doing, they told me they just recevied it on the 9th. I had already called them on the 3rd and the woman at NVC said they had it then. Our petition will be forwarded to London when it's finished there. Has anyone else gotten conflicting dates from them? Just wondering.
Thanks,
Linda
Old Sep 11th 2003, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Nicki36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: getting different answers from NVC

Originally posted by waitinfordave
Hi everyone,
I called NVC yeterday to see how our petition was doing, they told me they just recevied it on the 9th. I had already called them on the 3rd and the woman at NVC said they had it then. Our petition will be forwarded to London when it's finished there. Has anyone else gotten conflicting dates from them? Just wondering.
Thanks,
Linda

I'm thinking that your 2nd NOA is dated Sept 3rd? and what i figured out with ours anyways is that our petition was mailed out to the NVC either the same day or the very next day of our date of our 2nd NOA.
So why someone at the NVC would tell you that they have your petition on the same day it was approved from the VSC, when it still had to travel mail time to a different state i dont know.
If the 2nd NOA is dated sept 3rd, mailed out the same day or the very next day meaning the 4th + 3 business days mail time and then actualy be put on someones desk, i would tend to believe the second call more than the first.
Give them another call on Friday Linda, last time i knew NVC wasn't holding on to them for to long before shipping them over to London. Ours was there 4 days maybe.

I got the "oh we dont have it" the first call and three days later someone else told me it was received 5 days earlier and was shipped out to london the day before. Go figure

Hope that helps
Old Sep 11th 2003, 11:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Linda,

I've called NVC every Friday afternoon like clockwork for the past 7 weeks (tomorrow will be 8 weeks) and got the same answer every time. Granted, I never asked them to repeat the date it arrived, since from the first day I called, they had it in possession.

I wouldn't worry too much, as Nicki stated, the ones to London tend to stay at NVC less than a week. I've been keeping track! :-)

Best Wishes,
Rene (Day 56 at NVC)
Old Sep 11th 2003, 9:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Nicki and Rene!
I appreciate your responses. Yeah our NOA 2 was Sept3rd.
Linda
Old Sep 12th 2003, 9:34 am
Just Joined

Just an upate.. I called today and our petition was sent to London yesterday the 11th. NVC only had it 2 days!
On to the next step... getting closer! : )
Old Sep 12th 2003, 9:35 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Just an upate.. I called today and our petition was sent to London yesterday the 11th. NVC only had it 2 days!
Hooray! Congratulations! :-)
Old Sep 12th 2003, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Nicki36 is an unknown quantity at this point

thats awsum Linda!
Old Sep 12th 2003, 11:47 am

Speaking of updates....

Did my Friday NVC call, and just as I thought, the petition is still there. Oh well, wasn't really expecting anything new. :-(

Rene (Day 56 at NVC)
Old Sep 21st 2003, 10:18 pm
Ron P

that must be hard
"waitinfordave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi everyone,
    > I called NVC yeterday to see how our petition was doing, they told me
    > they just recevied it on the 9th. I had already called them on the 3rd
    > and the woman at NVC said they had it then. Our petition will be
    > forwarded to London when it's finished there. Has anyone else gotten
    > conflicting dates from them? Just wondering.
    > Thanks,
    > Linda
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:29 am
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a quick simple question....when calling NVC, do they need your old reciept number? The LIN-yadda yadda number? Or the fiance's A number? I haven't been pestering them yet to see if they have it. I was going to try checking after a week from the date on my 2nd NOA.

Thank you
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:50 am

Originally posted by Kae
Just a quick simple question....when calling NVC, do they need your old reciept number? The LIN-yadda yadda number? Or the fiance's A number? I haven't been pestering them yet to see if they have it. I was going to try checking after a week from the date on my 2nd NOA.

Thank you
Hi Kae,
Yes, when calling them for the first time, they will need your petition/receipt/LIN number. After that, they will issue a new number of their own to use on future calls to them, if need be. I believe you will be issued yet another number once the file reaches the embassy.

Best Wishes! :-)
Rene (Day 67 at NVC)
Old Sep 22nd 2003, 2:23 pm

They are very nice on the phone. I called them twice. The two people asked
me the number, whichever one I had at the time. The responded promtly to the
case. Ofcourse, I could have figured it myself at the time. Unless your
fiance is from one o those countries which they have to do something first
at NVC before forwarding it to the Embassy, your case will be forwarded to
the embassy. Our case only stayed at NVC for about ten days. After that
time, NVC would know nothing about the case. They will refer you to the
embassy. I would suggest that your American citizenship should be use to
contact the American embassy abroad. I hope you understand why I'm saying
it. Your fiance is a foreign national who is applying to enter the US.
She/he has almost zero rights.

"Noorah101" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Kae
    > > Just a quick simple question....when calling NVC, do they need your
    > > old reciept number? The LIN-yadda yadda number? Or the fiance's A
    > > number? I haven't been pestering them yet to see if they have it. I
    > > was going to try checking after a week from the date on my 2nd NOA.
    > >
    > > Thank you
    > Hi Kae,
    > Yes, when calling them for the first time, they will need your
    > petition/receipt/LIN number. After that, they will issue a new number
    > of their own to use on future calls to them, if need be. I believe you
    > will be issued yet another number once the file reaches the embassy.
    > Best Wishes! :-)
    > Rene (Day 67 at NVC)
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 7:46 pm
Kae
Forum Regular

Kae is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the responses. I know we don't have much to worry about. My fiance has a *very* common first and last name, and no middle name, so I worry about him getting a hit just from having the same name as someone else.

Last time he flew home from a visit in the States, even the airline confused him with someone else. Someone with the same exact name was flying out of the same airport, the same day, on the same airline (different flight and different final destination though). They accidently gave the tickets to the wrong people and so he had tickets for the wrong flight. The poor lady at the desk was so confused...it took him about 20 minutes to get the correct tickets (nevermind that fact she still checked his bag for the wrong flight!).

Last edited by Kae; Sep 22nd 2003 at 7:58 pm.