Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

General Question about formal names on forms

Wikiposts

General Question about formal names on forms

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 12:25 pm
Tim Walters

Default General Question about formal names on forms

Good morning group. We're about a month away from sending in our forms, I'm still
waiting for my divorce to be finalized. Anyway, here is my question: I was born Paul
Timothy, but have gone by Timothy Paul. My drivers license and SS card and tax
returns are all under the name Timothy Paul. So I am wondering how should I fill out
my name, Paul Timothy or Timothy Paul? Is this even a big deal?

My other question is about Acrobat. I have version 4 and am wondering if thereis a
way to install a Chinese font into this program so that I can put Vicki's name in her
native alphabet.

Thanks in advance, you all have a great day, -Tim D.

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 1:05 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: General Question about formal names on forms

Your formal name is the name on your birth certificate. Put your other name on the line for others names known by or used.

Rete

Originally posted by Tim Walters:
Good morning group. We're about a month away from sending in our forms, I'm still
waiting for my divorce to be finalized. Anyway, here is my question: I was born Paul
Timothy, but have gone by Timothy Paul. My drivers license and SS card and tax
returns are all under the name Timothy Paul. So I am wondering how should I fill out
my name, Paul Timothy or Timothy Paul? Is this even a big deal?

My other question is about Acrobat. I have version 4 and am wondering if thereis a
way to install a Chinese font into this program so that I can put Vicki's name in her
native alphabet.

Thanks in advance, you all have a great day, -Tim D.
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 1:16 pm
Mrtravel

Tim Walters wrote:
    > Good morning group. We're about a month away from sending in our forms, I'm still
    > waiting for my divorce to be finalized. Anyway, here is my question: I was born
    > Paul Timothy, but have gone by Timothy Paul. My drivers license and SS card and tax
    > returns are all under the name Timothy Paul. So I am wondering how should I fill
    > out my name, Paul Timothy or Timothy Paul? Is this even a big deal?

For the regular name section of the form, put your normally used name. On the other
names used part, put the name the other way.

> My other question is about Acrobat. I have version 4 and am wondering if thereis a
    > way to install a Chinese font into this program so that I can put Vicki's name in
    > her native alphabet.
    > Thanks in advance, you all have a great day, -Tim D.

Old Aug 22nd 2002, 1:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mrtravel:

For the regular name section of the form, put your normally used name. On the other
names used part, put the name the other way.

I believe that is backwards. His family name is Paul Timothy and that is the name to put in the family name section.

He uses the name Timothy Paul as an alias or other names used and thus that name goes in the "other names used" area.
Old Aug 22nd 2002, 4:52 pm
Mrtravel

Rete wrote:
    > I believe that is backwards. His family name is Paul Timothy and that is the name
    > to put in the family name section.
    > He uses the name Timothy Paul as an alias or other names used and thus that name
    > goes in the "other names used" area.

Then, if he is the immigrant his green card will be in the name he doesn't use.