GC process update

Old Oct 15th 2018, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GC process update

so post new visa bulletin, the attorney has fiiled my petition submtting the i-140 and i485 concurrently with supporting documentation. It's gone off to the Texas service center apparently.
Does anyone know the rough timelines from here ? I heard its 6-8 months but cant recall who told me this so whether its accurate or not. Also, what the steps would be after this?
Thanks!
Old Oct 15th 2018, 12:33 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GC process update

General Comment: Timelines have extended significantly during the Trump administration.
Old Oct 16th 2018, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute

We're going through same at the moment. Going from L1 / L2 to EB1. Here's our current timeline.

July 9 - I-140 submitted to Texas Service Center
July 31 - I-485 submitted, EAD and Travel Card (advance parole) submitted
August 14 - I-140 approved (5 weeks approval)
September 10 - Biometrics appt
October 15 - Notice received that AP Cards have been mailed out

We're expecting medical and interview to be next. So your mileage may vary but so far we are certainly going through the process very quickly.
Old Oct 16th 2018, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

wow nice thanks CA-NY

so far the i-140 and i-485 were filed concurrently. I dont have a case id yet.
I also had my immigration medical done though which was submitted as part of the pack. Will anothre medical be needed ?
Also, did you go through the premium route or was that 5 weeks on standard?
Old Oct 16th 2018, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

CA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond reputeCA-NY has a reputation beyond repute

There's no premium processing available for EB1 so that was just standard. Don't know specifics about medicals yet, we just today got a "courtesy letter" to confirm that I-693s were not included with the application and if we're called for interview (which we assume we will be) then the I-693 must be presented at the interview. We're not entirely sure how that's all going to play out. We don't know if we should go ahead and schedule medicals or whether we wait for further instructions. We'll speak with lawyers this week just to see what the next steps are re medical and interview.
Old Oct 16th 2018, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks again CA-BY. I checked my file and the i-693 has already been submitted to them. I guess thats the same medical you will need to get done. The results (all fine) were sealed in an envelope and added the the petition.
Old Oct 16th 2018, 2:52 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The policy used to be that as long as the medical exam was filed with USCIS within one year of completing the exam, it would remain valid until USCIS adjudicated the application. The new, very recent, policy change is that the medical exam will now expire one year after it is completed
Old Oct 16th 2018, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond reputeOlly_ has a reputation beyond repute

USCIS is about to alter the I-693 validity period again... see here: https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/U...93Validity.pdf

Basically it needs to be signed within the 60 days prior to submitting the application and it'll be valid for 2 years.
Old Oct 16th 2018, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Millski is an unknown quantity at this point

L-1A to EB-1C here. My I-140 and I-485 were filed non-concurrently, but my timeline is as follows:

I-140 received / priority date: 06/09/2017
I-140 approved: 02/17/2018
I-485 / I-485J / I-765 / I-131 receipt date: 05/31/2018
Biometrics notice date: 06/08/2018
Biometrics completed: 06/25/2018
"I-693 not submitted" courtesy letter: 08/27/2018
I-765 / I-131 approval notice date: 09/05/2018
Interview scheduled notice date: 09/10/2018
Medical completed: 09/17/2018
Interview completed and I-693 submitted: 10/15/2018

I'm now stuck in retrogression until my priority date becomes current, so Lord only knows how long that's going to take, but so far I think things have been progressing reasonably swiftly, at least on the AOS front.

Last edited by Millski; Oct 16th 2018 at 8:04 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2018, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

So its been 2 weeks since the attorney files to Texas but have not received any receipt notices from USCIS for either of the forms submitted.
Does anyone know how long its taking a the moment?
Old Oct 24th 2018, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

My I-485, I-765 and I-131 receipt notices are postmarked June 5th 2018, and although I neglected to note down when I actually received them they usually show up in my letterbox on the Friday, which would be June 8th. So that's roughly 8 days from the received date of 05/31/2018. Strangely enough I didn't receive the receipt notice for my I-485J until August 25th and it was submitted at the same time as the other forms.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

thanks Millski. Im not sure what to make of my situation. Its been 15 days since the forms were submitted and I dont have anything back.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

You're probably still within the realms of a normal response time, did you get a notification from the courier to say that that the documents had been delivered and signed for?

Last edited by Millski; Oct 25th 2018 at 1:57 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

not sure - my attorny sent it off. I would strongly assume its been received (sent via FedEx)