Wikiposts

GC Application - Denied

Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:26 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GC Application - Denied

Argh! Just heard that our Green Card Application has been denied.

Hubby has had a long talk with the lawyers today, and they are of the opinion someone very officious has done the application, and is just being a total prat.

Apparently, they came back with 3 points on the RFE, 1 of which was a question around his original position for the company in the UK. You would have thought that would have been covered at L1 visa stage, or either of the renewals.

2nd point was if the company could actually afford to pay him. Which is just unbelievable considering the company he works for. For those who don't know, think of a very famous mouse.

3rd Was the UK/US company the same

Points 2 and 3 went away, but was denied on point 1

The lawyers have said these things get overturned all the time, although there are never any guarantees, we have a very strong case... I believe our other option is simply to re-file. However, the lawyer is adamant on re-opening the case, this is the companies first ever denial, (and they have done a lot) and is on a real rant that this doesn't happen to us...

I'm just after info on people's experiences with this, are our chances good...?

I can't believe after 6 years, we're finally at this stage. Someone else in his office has recently applied, and was granted their GC, he reports into my hubby. I guess I hadn't seriously considered it an option that we would be denied.

Feeling absolutely numb right now

Last edited by N1cky; Feb 3rd 2014 at 9:41 am.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 9:57 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: GC Application - Denied

Oh no, sorry to hear that

No advice from me though...but I'm sure the lawyers are on the ball on this one.

Good luck!
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:06 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky

The lawyers have said these things get overturned all the time, although there are never any guarantees, we have a very strong case... I believe our other option is simply to re-file. However, the lawyer is adamant on re-opening the case, this is the companies first ever denial, (and they have done a lot) and is on a real rant that this doesn't happen to us...
Firstly, don't worry. I know that's easier said than done right now, but there IS a process by which USCIS can reassess the petition via the MTR process.

Given Disney probably employ some fairly aggressive immigration attorneys, I would simply listen to them and do as advised. If they are confident it can be overcome, you should be too. It's just going to take a little longer than hoped for.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:12 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hungryhorace
Firstly, don't worry. I know that's easier said than done right now, but there IS a process by which USCIS can reassess the petition via the MTR process.

Given Disney probably employ some fairly aggressive immigration attorneys, I would simply listen to them and do as advised. If they are confident it can be overcome, you should be too. It's just going to take a little longer than hoped for.
What's the MTR process?
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:14 am
Banned

hungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond reputehungryhorace has a reputation beyond repute

What's the MTR process?
Motion to Reopen. http://www.uscis.gov/forms/questions...ls-and-motions
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:19 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

If is who I think it is -- you may have an office with one of the best immigration attorneys I know.

Furthermore deponent sayeth not.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:24 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

The mouse has been rumored to have gotten the government to create their own tailor made nonimmigrant work visa application in the past. I'd trust their attorney's to handle it.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:29 am
Banned

Originally Posted by crg
The mouse has been rumored to have gotten the government to create their own tailor made nonimmigrant work visa application in the past. I'd trust their attorney's to handle it.
The Q visa is even nicknamed the Disney visa I believe?
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 10:43 am

Thanks. It was pretty obvious, that just shows how numb my brain is right now.

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
If is who I think it is -- you may have an office with one of the best immigration attorneys I know.

Furthermore deponent sayeth not.
That's reassuring. Whenever, we have had direct dealings with the head man, he's always been great, so fingers crossed he'll get this sorted.

Originally Posted by crg
The denial all seems really silly, it would appear it is based on his UK role. As they granted two L visas, and one renewal, you would have thought that would all have been settled.

This could be a very long 6 months.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 11:09 am
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

The Q visa is even nicknamed the Disney visa I believe?
I've heard the term.

Here's a somewhat self serving aspect of the classification:

"The Q nonimmigrant visa does not have a provision for any spouse or children to accompany or follow to join a Q-1 nonimmigrant. Therefore, any spouse or children must qualify for a visa classification for which they may be eligible."
Old Feb 4th 2014, 9:52 am

So, has anyone had any experience of going through a Motion to Reopen, and what was the outcome?
Old Feb 4th 2014, 10:47 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Some are granted, some are denied.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Some are granted, some are denied.
Very insightful. Thank you!
Old Feb 4th 2014, 12:50 pm
BE Commentator

Very insightful. Thank you!
It really does depend on the facts. And sometimes, we take advantage of the fact that denials are often "without prejudice" to filing again! You have to take note of the prior denial and address it, but you avoid a lot of the procedural folderol inherent in MTR's. [This is not always possible].

Every case is different.
Old Feb 4th 2014, 2:24 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

N1cky, I'm sorry to here of this set back. It is obviously upsetting, and some encouragement/hope would be useful. Unfortunately I can't say I have heard/read of any others with this experience.

It sounds like you have good (even the best) legal advice, but in BE terms it looks like you are a Guinea Pig. Fingers crossed for you, and please keep us informed.

On a lighter note, did you tell them it was a mickey mouse company, or The Mickey Mouse Company!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.