Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Fron H1b to GREEN CARD-which procedure?

Fron H1b to GREEN CARD-which procedure?

Old Jul 16th 2001, 7:47 am
Patrizia Magni
Posts: n/a

I am currently being employed with H1B visa as a computing analyst with a
specialization in technology training at a university . My visa has been revalidated
and the job description has changed. I am now both computing analyst - and assistant
professor - This reflects what I actually do , although my job is primarily
administrative I teach a few courses in the same college.

I am in the process of applying for the Green Card, have been to several lawyers
and now I am totally confused . As I understand with my hybrid situation I have
2 options:
1) Being hired as a college professor through competitive recruitment showing that I
am more qualified than any US citizen" (would I have to give up my computing job
in this case?) or
2) go through the Department of labor( reduction in recruitment ) as exceptional
ability worker and in this case the computing department (administration) will
process the papers

Which is the least painful option? Does anyone have experience or heard anything
about the best procedures to be sponsored by a college? thanks - Pat

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.