Wikiposts

A forum poll

Old Nov 28th 2006, 11:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A forum poll

Originally Posted by DEE_UK
There are many things which I have picked up on this forum, which I would not have otherwise! !
Mostly unknown disease's involving debauchery and doing you laundry ...
we cover it all ....
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:07 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Mostly unknown disease's involving debauchery and doing you laundry ...
we cover it all ....

US hand dryers in bathrooms spitting out germs! I think I heard Michael Jackson say that once.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:45 am
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Guess.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:05 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Maz
When I first came across this site, I'd already been in the US for nearly a decade, and have met only two Brits in the Chicago area. Sad! So it's a bit of a lifeline for me, sometimes, and I really love the sense of humour on here. It's something that's sadly lacking in this country.
Very similar experience here (never been to the windy city though).

Originally Posted by Maz
Even though I took citizenship over 6 years ago, I still don't "feel" American. Really I only took it so I could vote, no other reason. "Home" here is our house and my hubby and daughter. With them, I could very easily move to another part of the world and still feel "at home".
Again, very similar, I did it to never run the risk of not being allowed back in, as I have a family of my own here. No damn beaurocrat is going to divvy us up. Only voted once though.....

Originally Posted by Maz
England isn't home for me anymore, and I'm really not sure where is.
Thats a heavy one. Jury is still out for me. I'll know when I go back next year after a 14 year absence. Like Paul Young said.....

Thanks for posting this.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 3:37 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
Very similar experience here (never been to the windy city though).

Again, very similar, I did it to never run the risk of not being allowed back in, as I have a family of my own here. No damn beaurocrat is going to divvy us up. Only voted once though.....

Thats a heavy one. Jury is still out for me. I'll know when I go back next year after a 14 year absence. Like Paul Young said.....

Thanks for posting this.
I got the warm and fuzzies reading that we have shared experiences. Another plus of this site! Thanks.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Maz
I got the warm and fuzzies reading that we have shared experiences. Another plus of this site! Thanks.
Yer,

Just when you think you are going 'round the bend - you find out someone else has beaten you to it.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 4:41 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Yer,

Just when you think you are going 'round the bend - you find out someone else has beaten you to it.
LOL!! Too true!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

lauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond reputelauriejane has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Moving?
This is like Silly Sod's "a septic poll" from a couple of weeks ago in that it ain't really a poll at all! ...well, sort of...

I think the forum here is pretty light hearted and many of you have been posting for a few years now and seems to be a good community. It's very different to UK-Yankee I think... Not nearly the same amount of humour there as far as I've seen over time...

My "poll" is about this forum :

If you are a Brit, do you find this like a "lifeline"... I mean, could you have "survived" as well without contact with other Brits what with differences in humour / humor, lifestyle etc etc? A good place to let off steam about the US and USCs etc? I think that when (if) I eventually move (with work), that I will really need a place to come and vent / ask questions etc.

Or.... are you an American coming to see what Brits think of "your" country? Have you been surprised / offended / upset / happy / angry about the posts you have read?

Or.... none of the above [insert answer here]

Look forward to reading your results
I am an American, have visited the UK on two occasions, tend to like British people and just wanted to see what was going on here. I enjoy the wit here--Americans certainly have humor, but I think those from the UK are better at wit (humor laced with intelligence--Americans like their humor boisterous and straightforward). I have really enjoyed reading the posts. It is also interesting to read the likes and dislikes of UK people living in America. Some of it has surprised me because it referred to things I take for granted, like big houses, drive thrus and variety of climate/scenery.

I am of English descent, some Scot as well, mixed with Iroquois Indian (Oneida) and Blackfoot. I've learned a bit about the Indian side and am equally curious about the British ethnicity I've inherited. Being American often includes having English/UK ancestors.

I admit I am studying this website a bit so I will be less obnoxious when I visit the UK in a few months (I have a friend there). I am learning and laughing a lot as well.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauriejane
I am of English descent, some Scot as well, mixed with Iroquois Indian (Oneida) and Blackfoot. I've learned a bit about the Indian side and am equally curious about the British ethnicity I've inherited. Being American often includes having English/UK ancestors.
We won't hold it against you

And do you actually have a black foot?
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
We won't hold it against you

And do you actually have a black foot?

Racist.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Racist.
Me.... never!

I could have asked about a nigger coloured foot.