Form Rejection

Old Nov 11th 2005, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Form Rejection

I sent in the Form 751 and supporting documentation with the application fee of $200. BCIS sent a Rejection Notice back stating the fee is $205 not $200. The notice states that the form and supporting documentation were enclosed but they weren't. Should I wait and see if another package shows up with the documentation or return the $5 money order with the Rejection Notice?

Thanks!
jg
Old Nov 11th 2005, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Carl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form Rejection

Originally Posted by jg1012002
I sent in the Form 751 and supporting documentation with the application fee of $200. BCIS sent a Rejection Notice back stating the fee is $205 not $200. The notice states that the form and supporting documentation were enclosed but they weren't. Should I wait and see if another package shows up with the documentation or return the $5 money order with the Rejection Notice?

Thanks!
jg
Crap - I bet they will do the same thing to me. I see now that the fee changed on 10/26, and of course I mailed my application on 10/27 with $200. What a crock - when did they announce that? I thought I was so careful and even checked the fee twice when I printed the forms, but it took a few weeks to gather everything and make copies etc etc. I also see that they changed the I-751 form too and now require 2 photos to be submitted with the application.

So is it a start over? Resend everything including $205? I'm guessing that if you just send $5 they will reject again.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Carl
Crap - I bet they will do the same thing to me. I see now that the fee changed on 10/26, and of course I mailed my application on 10/27 with $200. What a crock - when did they announce that? I thought I was so careful and even checked the fee twice when I printed the forms, but it took a few weeks to gather everything and make copies etc etc. I also see that they changed the I-751 form too and now require 2 photos to be submitted with the application.

So is it a start over? Resend everything including $205? I'm guessing that if you just send $5 they will reject again.

I see now that they announced the fee changed on 9/26. You have to look for it...

I called the national line, and they were no help what so ever. They haven't even received the application yet in Nebraska. So what else is new...
Old Nov 11th 2005, 4:33 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carl

Hi:

They gave the notice 30 days in advance in the Federal Register, just like they are supposed to do. On the web-site, the forms descriptions noted the soon to be implemented fee increase.

It has been a running problem of the instructions on the official form noting the fee -- I understand that CIS is in the process of changing the printed instructions from a set fee to see the website. However, the process of approving forms within the government is not all that easy.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

bantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura aboutbantik2005 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks!
jg
did they return the check or has it been cashed? it would be too much to send $205 more if they already cashed your check...
Old Nov 11th 2005, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bantik2005
did they return the check or has it been cashed? it would be too much to send $205 more if they already cashed your check...
I sent a money order so I don't know if it has been cashed. The rejection letter said everything was attached ......... but of course it wasn't. So I'm wondering if they put that in another envelope, or if they even realized their own mistake. I'm just not sure whether to return the rejection notice with a letter and the $5 of just give it a couple of days and see if I get the other package in the mail.
Old Nov 14th 2005, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

I sent a money order so I don't know if it has been cashed. The rejection letter said everything was attached ......... but of course it wasn't. So I'm wondering if they put that in another envelope, or if they even realized their own mistake. I'm just not sure whether to return the rejection notice with a letter and the $5 of just give it a couple of days and see if I get the other package in the mail.

All this work for $5 - hardly seems worth it. I bet it cost more than $5 to process the return and then receive the new application.

Did you call and ask about it? I'm going to wait another week and if I don't hear anything just resubmit everything plus the 2 pictures that are now required. I have until 12/16 so i guess it's not critical, but I hate waiting until the last minute in case there is a problem - like this fee thing...