Form I-130 child aged 19

Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all
Default Form I-130 child aged 19

Hi all, it has been some time since I have been on here. Life with kids in the USA is busy, busy.

My questions relate to From I-130 which I am completing for my oldest son (aged 19) who is in the UK. He could not join our application for PR, as he is in Uni full time in the UK. We were granted permanent residence back in June 2011.

1st question: do I submit our I-864 Affidavits of Support (we need 2 because I dont work and my husband does) simultaneously with Form I-130?

2nd question: Question 14 on I-130. PLACE and DATE of our adjustment to LPR? My green card is the new style green coloured card and there is no PLACE mentioned on the card itself. Our processing was done in Mesquite, Texas. We live in Katy, Texas. Which place is it? And as for DATE, is it is DATE where it says "resident since"?

I had intended to instruct our attorney to do these for us but she has not replied to my email from last week, so I though I'd have a bash myself.

Can anyone help?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:49 pm
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form I-130 child aged 19

You should not file an I-130, but instead file an I-824 so that he can be processed as a derivative and not have to wait for many years for his priority date to become current. An I-864 will not be needed.

That's assuming the LPR status of the primary beneficiary was granted other than as an immediate relative of a USC.

Last edited by dreamercon; Sep 21st 2011 at 7:55 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

Oooo, I am going to look into this! Maybe I should be less impatient and speak to the Attorney! Typical me! Thank you in advance - I was panicking about the time issue, actually!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 8:42 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

It appears that the young person may be entitled to "follow to join" classification. As already suggested, the I-824 is one of the ways of handling this. There may be other ways of accomplishing the same goal in a more expeditious fashion. Consultation with an attorney appears to be in order -- the procedure may be very fact and policy dependent.

Good luck.