Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Forgot DVlottery Confirmation Number? What to do?

Forgot DVlottery Confirmation Number? What to do?

Old Oct 16th 2010, 11:42 pm
dkc
Just Joined

dkc is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Forgot DVlottery Confirmation Number? What to do?

I signed up my details on dvlottery website a few weeks ago but just realized I need to know my confirmation number beginning with 2012xxxxxxxx .
Does this number appear after submitting the submit button ? Or they will email us later???? Anyone knows pls help. Thx.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:40 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Forgot DVlottery Confirmation Number? What to do?

Originally Posted by dkc

I signed up my details on dvlottery website a few weeks ago but just realized I need to know my confirmation number beginning with 2012xxxxxxxx .
Does this number appear after submitting the submit button ? Or they will email us later???? Anyone knows pls help. Thx.
No email (well I never got one), all it means is you can't check online if you have won, you will get a letter in the mail in mid 2011 if you win, so not a big issue.

tht

Last edited by tht; Oct 18th 2010 at 8:43 pm.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:54 pm
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute

I submitted an entry for a relative and here is the message I got after my submission:

You must retain your confirmation number in order to check your entry status using the internet. You may check back at this link http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ between May 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012 to determine whether your entry was selected for further processing in the 2012 DV Lottery. You will be required to enter your confirmation number in combination with other personal information in order to check on your entry status.
Selectees will not receive selectee notifications or letters by regular postal mail from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC).

Originally Posted by tht
No email (well I never got one), all it means is you can't check online if you have won, you will get a letter in the mail in mid 2011 if you win, so not a big issue.

tht
Old Oct 18th 2010, 8:56 pm
dkc
Just Joined

dkc is an unknown quantity at this point

thx anyway, I think I must wait for dv2013
Old Oct 27th 2010, 2:45 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamercon
I submitted an entry for a relative and here is the message I got after my submission:

You must retain your confirmation number in order to check your entry status using the internet. You may check back at this link http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/ between May 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012 to determine whether your entry was selected for further processing in the 2012 DV Lottery. You will be required to enter your confirmation number in combination with other personal information in order to check on your entry status.
Selectees will not receive selectee notifications or letters by regular postal mail from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC).
Just looked at my entry, had contradicting wording....

"Selectees will not receive selectee notifications or letters by regular postal mail from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC)."

And then below the postal address section: "(NOTE: This is the address that will be used to notify you if you are selected.)"

I am assuming they missed the later when they updated the form....

tht