Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Forgive me - Im stressed and I'm rambling!

Forgive me - Im stressed and I'm rambling!

Old Aug 17th 2003, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold
Default Forgive me - Im stressed and I'm rambling!

My stress levels are very high tonight - its bad enough having to go through all the waiting and being apart from my fiancee and to be at the mercy of the BCIS - but on top of that I have to put up with an ex husband who is trying to cause me big problems in leaving the country.

We spent four days fighting, arguing, presenting our case for us leaving the country and the court gave permission for us to leave the UK - but now? Now as time is drawing closer - he's trying to make life as difficult as he can - financially for me and emotinally for my little one - . I think he's just trying very hard to overturn what the Court ordered.

I'm sorry - tonight I'm in a mess - I feel as though the whole world is against us - not rational I know - but that's how I'm feeling - (and I've had more than one glass of wine) so - yes Im feeling sorry for myself!! Oh I know when I wake up in the morning Im going to think to myself "Well that was a bloody stupid posting!).
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:00 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

Lara...

Relax... you're allowed to be stressed, and rambling, and worried about all this stuff.

Just remember that soon enough this will be behind you...

Hang in there.

Elly
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

msrourke is an unknown quantity at this point

"in the morning Im going to think to myself "Well that was a bloody stupid posting!"

No, it isn't. You can't carry a load like this by yourself, it is good to share and distribute the weight you are carrying. I am very sorry to see that your ex isn't mature enough to deal with the situation at hand with the grace and honor that a man should have.

The whole world is not against you, the Court proved that, just one man is against you. The Court can probably discern what type of man he is and his motives in this case.

Try to step back and take it one day at a time. Focus on each day at hand and soon enough you will be though the storms....

I am not particularly the religious type, but the Bible does help me at times...

Matt 6:34 "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own"

I sincerely hope all is well and you and your little one are home soon. Feel free to "feel sorry for yourself" here anytime.....
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Forgive me - Im stressed and I'm rambling!

Well at least I am not stressing alone then. My fiance is going back to the embassy to prove, of all things, that he indeed single. This was the reason for their denial last week.

Now I have approximately 8 hours to get thru and no idea how to do it!

This embassy is so bad my congressman is even calling on a Sunday evening to check on me and my fiance. At least I know who I am going to be voting for again.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

jg1012002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Forgive me - Im stressed and I'm rambling!

Well at least I am not stressing alone then. My fiance is going back to the embassy to prove, of all things, that he is indeed single. This was the reason for their denial last week.

Now I have approximately 8 hours to get thru and no idea how to do it!

This embassy is so bad my congressman is even calling on a Sunday evening to check on me and my fiance. At least I know who I am going to be voting for again.
Old Aug 21st 2003, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Lara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to beholdLara45 is a splendid one to behold

It's not often I feel sorry for myself - but when I do .. lol

Today I looked at my diary and thought to myself "91 days have gone ... then i looked again and thought "Oh Great!! Just 9 days to go and we'll be on our hundredth day! I think its just psychological really - getting past the 100 days - just makes me feel a lot better.

From what Ive seen on varous boards though - it does look as though TSC have speeded up a little??