Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Football / B2 Visa - Back again after two years!

Football / B2 Visa - Back again after two years!

Old Mar 17th 2014, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

Sportychico is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Football / B2 Visa - Back again after two years!

Originally Posted by MikeCole
So I am intending to go the US for the same reasons in 2011. Officially as an amateur athlete playing in the USL Premier Development League. To clarify, in 2011 I was rejected for a B2 however I made another appointment for a few days later and was approved. I have a good immigration history i.e entering and leaving on time on the VWP and B2 Visa. My B2 was only one entry and for six months.

The ideal time for me to go to the US in around April 20th. The regular season finishes around July 20th. Give or take a few days, that's virtually 90 days.

Now, the problem I face is that is the regular season, if the team I am playing for makes the national tournament or play-offs which is likely, I need an extra week or so.

I have applied for the ESTA and after having my application pending obviously to the initial rejected visa, they have just approved it. Do I go on the VWP with no risks and see what happens but obviously not overstay? Or do I apply for the B2 knowing that whilst I got it two years ago and have even stronger ties to the UK now, that I may be rejected and then have my ESTA rejected which means I won't be able to go full stop?

I'm leaning towards the VWP but it makes me demotivated to know that I can play a whole season and possibly miss the most important part at the end unless I leave just before 90 days, take a week in the UK and then try my luck and go back for one week possibly on the basis of a holiday i.e I was here for 90 days as an amateur athlete (which is allowed on the VWP) and found a good deal for a weeks vacation?
Only other option is going slightly later around April 28th? Probably a better idea?
I played for Kettering Town (Vauxhall Conference) and have had a E2 Visa......This USL is it amateur - so non paid?....

what is your end goal?...trying to get noticed by MLS?..

who have you played for in UK?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

zerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cubero17
It's the same principle as when I personally transited through the USA to go to Guatemala for business. I entered the US, flying into Atlanta from the UK and was granted 90 days by the IO. I changed terminals and flew to Guatemala for 10 days, and flew back into Atlanta and was granted a new 90 days by the IO. I was questioned on what I was doing in Guatemala and where I was going next. Pretty simple, business and heading home and was let through.
It's not the same principle at all.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 7:50 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

It sounds as though you're suggesting that a traveler lie to a US immigration officer!

Ian
Yep I am suggesting that.
You realize that an immigration officer is a Federal Officer and lying to a Federal Officer is an offense in the USA.
Old Mar 17th 2014, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sportychico
I played for Kettering Town (Vauxhall Conference) and have had a E2 Visa....
Kettering? Not an O1 Visa?
Old Mar 17th 2014, 8:38 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

As the OP mentioned in his previous posts, he was denied the B2 Visa in 2011 and approved two days later which makes the whole process pointless. If that's how the visa system works, on the visa official's personality or mood and not if the application meets a set guideline, then unfortunately visiting a friend for a day in Guatemala, returning to the US and then staying until the new 90 days expires isn't a problem.

And to the post above, that was Canada, not a country which rests the 90 days. The US is and always will be a corrupt country who continue to use underlying tactics to harm their own people and other nationalities. The more people that get one over on branches of the US Government the better.

Oh sorry, it is not reasonable to lie to an immigration officer so a kid can travel an extra 20 days on Earth, but it's totally reasonable for sections of the US government to fly two planes and kill it's own people to justify a war to benefit the rich or to instigate host shootings to force through certain laws.
The owners of the forum cannot condone the suggestion that a federal officer be told lies ... you should know that the consequences can be severe. It's not a good idea at all and the argument you put there would never justify it to an immigration officer
Old Mar 17th 2014, 11:24 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

BE does not condone lying to US Immigration Officials. Thread closed.

Rene