Wikiposts

Florida retirees

Old May 16th 2007, 3:01 am
Just Joined

heyhoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Florida retirees

Originally Posted by farmerwife
Have you checked to see if you have a claim to US citizenship?

Look here -

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...s/robirth.html

Ha! Ha! Yes, I'd welcome you as a friend! I have looked into the claim for USC but can't find that elusive loophole
Old May 16th 2007, 3:07 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the help so far. Got dinner to cook. Back tomorrow
Old May 16th 2007, 3:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by heyhoney
Ha! Ha! Yes, I'd welcome you as a friend! I have looked into the claim for USC but can't find that elusive loophole
I take it that you have looked at the ways to Immigrate in the Articles section.

Never believe what you read in the media, usually written by people who do not have a clue about US Immigration.
Old May 16th 2007, 3:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heyhoney
Thanks Ray. I'll take a look at that site. I'm hoping it may be possible.

Depends on the year you were born. I was born of a German Citizen mother and USC father (service) before they were married. After WWII at one point a serviceman was not allow to marry until he mustered out of the service. So dad and mom married after my birth and I was not given USC until I had become legitimate in the eyes of the US Government on their marriage. You might find the same thing with you.
Old May 16th 2007, 4:47 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Depends on the year you were born. I was born of a German Citizen mother and USC father (service) before they were married. After WWII at one point a serviceman was not allow to marry until he mustered out of the service. So dad and mom married after my birth and I was not given USC until I had become legitimate in the eyes of the US Government on their marriage. You might find the same thing with you.
I know there is also a requirement to have acknowledged the child before a certain age, so I am not surprised it would not have worked in this case.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:58 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
So dad and mom married after my birth and I was not given USC until I had become legitimate in the eyes of the US Government on their marriage. You might find the same thing with you.
Are OP's mom and bio dad likely to get married at this stage of the game?
Old May 16th 2007, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by meauxna
Are OP's mom and bio dad likely to get married at this stage of the game?
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I think this is not a possibility. My dad is now 69 and married to a lovely lady. They've been married for just over 40 years now. My mum is 75 and says she is past that sort of thing!!
I'm 46 and like I said earlier, didn't get to meet my dad until I was 40 years old. His name is on my birth certificate but it seems that that is no help either!
The embassy told me that the absence of written 'proof' before I was 18 years of age stops me from becoming a citizen. this rule does not apply to all nations though.