Wikiposts

Is Florida really so hard ?

Old May 7th 2011, 2:44 am
Just Joined

Afitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really nice
Default Is Florida really so hard ?

Hi,

I am new to these forums as of yesterday.

I have posted about leaving the UK and not knowing where we can go however my Husband really wants to be in Florida, I know what the majority of people say as I have joined forums before and got some quite abrupt answers.

What I am wondering is, are there any sucess stories where people have managed to move to Florida. Is there anyone on here that has done it by say purchasing a business that has enabled them to move to Florida ?

Last edited by Afitos; May 7th 2011 at 3:46 am.
Old May 7th 2011, 3:03 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Florida really so hard ?

Originally Posted by Afitos
Hi,

I am new to these forums as of yesterday.

I have posted about leaving the UK and not knowing where we can go however my Husband really wants to be in Florida, I know what the majority of people say as I have joined forums before and got some quite abrupt answers.

What I am wondering is, are there any sucess stories where people have managed to move to Florida when they do not have job offers ? Is there anyone on here that has done it by say purchasing a business that has enabled them to move to Florida ?
Reading your info here, a job offer would make absolutely no difference to your immigration prospects to the US. This is because only certain jobs qualify for visas, and you do not presently have the skills and/or academic qualifications to qualify.

It's quite possible to move to Florida or indeed anywhere in the US without a job offer: diversity visa, relative of USC or GC holder, refugee, asylee, EB5 investor, etc.
Old May 7th 2011, 3:47 am
Just Joined

Afitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really niceAfitos is just really nice

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Reading your info here, a job offer would make absolutely no difference to your immigration prospects to the US. This is because only certain jobs qualify for visas, and you do not presently have the skills and/or academic qualifications to qualify.

It's quite possible to move to Florida or indeed anywhere in the US without a job offer: diversity visa, relative of USC or GC holder, refugee, asylee, EB5 investor, etc.
Thank You for your reply. I have edited my post as it was probably worded wrongly.

I didn't realise that I had listed my qualifications in another place.
Old May 7th 2011, 4:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

Read that? Got a yes to any of those?

Anything else is irrelevant other wise.

The hard part is the visa, not the location....but there are plenty of threads about Florida from posters here, from all over the state.
Old May 9th 2011, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

I think lots of people from the UK have purchased businesses in Florida and moved successfully. Although, with the economy the way it is, it may not be so easy these days.

Ray is the expert on that. Hopefully, he'll come by and post a response. But I think he usually steers people to this web site. Have a look and see if there's any good info there.

http://www.thefloridaforums.com/

Good luck.
- Eric S.
Old May 9th 2011, 6:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eric S
I think lots of people from the UK have purchased businesses in Florida and moved successfully. Although, with the economy the way it is, it may not be so easy these days.

Ray is the expert on that. Hopefully, he'll come by and post a response. But I think he usually steers people to this web site. Have a look and see if there's any good info there.

Good luck.
- Eric S.
I would say there are States with better economies.

But bad times can be also an advantage. I was talking to a customer who is buying a winter home in Arizona, properties that were going for $1.2m 6 years ago are now on the market for half that, he offered just under 400K and the Realtor told him it looks like he has a deal. Would cost twice that to build new.

Florida is I believe similar.

So it depends, a good plan and now could be a good time.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Thank You For Your Replies.

I am grateful for the link and will read it inside out.
Old May 9th 2011, 9:21 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric S

Good luck.
- Eric S.
Good advice Eric .....