Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

First time visiting American boyfriend.

First time visiting American boyfriend.

Old Mar 15th 2011, 2:56 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First time visiting American boyfriend.

This may help .....

Old Mar 15th 2011, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wintersong
I took the same huge risk.

I'm now married to him, with 2 children.

Good luck - hope all goes well for you
So did I, we've been together since January 2009 and we're now married and I'm a permanent resident in the US

While we were dating my boyfriend (now husband) visited me in the UK. He flew into Heathrow, where he was asked why he was in the UK. He told them he was visiting his girlfriend. They asked if I was a citizen, how long he would be staying in the UK and where we were going to be staying. He didn't have any problems with immigration at all, they were friendly.

I'm sure your boyfriend will have a similar experience - the best thing to do is be honest, answer the questions asked and be polite. Lying is a bad idea, I'm sure they can tell when people are lying!

Good luck with everything! I remember our first hug as though it was yesterday - very special! We'd known each other online for about 8 years when we finally met (in the US) and making that trip was honestly the best thing I ever did, apart from marrying him
Old Mar 15th 2011, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

just updating what happened to us,

i went to washington on dec 28 for 10 days to meet my girl.
everything went fantastic and i fell in love with her.

she came to see me at the end of feb and everything is so good

we just are so perfect for each other.
she is wonderful,kind,so loving and caring

and i love her so much
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

FairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really nice

Originally Posted by randomgirl
So did I, we've been together since January 2009 and we're now married and I'm a permanent resident in the US

While we were dating my boyfriend (now husband) visited me in the UK. He flew into Heathrow, where he was asked why he was in the UK. He told them he was visiting his girlfriend. They asked if I was a citizen, how long he would be staying in the UK and where we were going to be staying. He didn't have any problems with immigration at all, they were friendly.

I'm sure your boyfriend will have a similar experience - the best thing to do is be honest, answer the questions asked and be polite. Lying is a bad idea, I'm sure they can tell when people are lying!

Good luck with everything! I remember our first hug as though it was yesterday - very special! We'd known each other online for about 8 years when we finally met (in the US) and making that trip was honestly the best thing I ever did, apart from marrying him
WOWOW 8 yrs !!!!! and you never met in person during those 8 yrs? I love happy endings.... May the love between you two grow each and everyday
Old Mar 16th 2011, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

randomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of lightrandomgirl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by FairyTale
WOWOW 8 yrs !!!!! and you never met in person during those 8 yrs? I love happy endings.... May the love between you two grow each and everyday
Thanks!

We were just friends for most of those 8 years, until we realized (or admitted!) that there was much more there. It really felt as though we'd known each other forever by the time we finally met in person, there was no awkwardness or anything. Guess it was just meant to be!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

FairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really niceFairyTale is just really nice

Originally Posted by randomgirl
Thanks!

We were just friends for most of those 8 years, until we realized (or admitted!) that there was much more there. It really felt as though we'd known each other forever by the time we finally met in person, there was no awkwardness or anything. Guess it was just meant to be!
Lovely
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Dracia will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by FairyTale
That's pretty much how long me and my boyfriend have known each other. Although we only realised our feelings for each other in 2005, so it's more like 5 and a half years :P

I'm leaving the house soon to make the long arduous journey to Heathrow. Everybody wish me luck xD I'll come back next week and update everybody about how it went!
Old Mar 16th 2011, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dracia
That's pretty much how long me and my boyfriend have known each other. Although we only realised our feelings for each other in 2005, so it's more like 5 and a half years :P

I'm leaving the house soon to make the long arduous journey to Heathrow. Everybody wish me luck xD I'll come back next week and update everybody about how it went!

Wish you all the best

You too are going to see him in person for the first time in five yrs of friendship? thats great really.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Dracia will become famous soon enough

I'm back!

OMG this week was amazing!

His flight landed at about 12:50 and he came through the doors about 20 minutes later instant huggle time.

We spent most of our time visiting random places in London, he met my parents and brother and it was just so awesome being able to curl up in bed together. He even bought dinner for us most nights at the pub next door to the hotel

It seems I'll be heading to America soon. I have a job now so I'll have to wait a while before requesting more time off XD but I'm definitely thinking of going in either May or June, and again in November for Thanksgiving.

Thank you guys for putting my mind at ease. He told customs that he was here for a vacation and they didn't question him any further. I hope it's that easy for me :P