Fingerprints: URGENT help needed

Old Jan 31st 2001, 1:09 am
ddyte2

Not sure if folks here remember me and Stacy... we did the K-1 thing to get me over here
from Australia, married in December '99, and have been waiting patiently for the June 18
adjustment interview. So far, so good.

Except it seems that when we moved house, the INS never registered the change of address I
sent. Result: I only just today received my letter notifying me of my fingerprint
appointment on January 10. (ahem) Eeeagh!

So now I'm in a major panic. The letter says to write within 7 days if you need a
different time, and obviously thats long gone by. Should I write anyway, and wait for the
response? I'm not sure we could take the suspense. Should I go to the office in person to
try to arrange a new time? No phone number is supplied on paper or at the INS web site,
naturally.

Suggestions? Reassurance?

Please help!!!

Thanks,

- David

sitting in NYC, very worried

Old Jan 31st 2001, 2:50 pm
Jonathan_ATC

Re-read your fingerprint letter. Our letter plainly stated you could come on that day OR
any day AFTER that day, just not before.

--
Jonathan _/ _/ _/ _/ K-1 Fiance Visa Immigration through to Adjustment of Status
http://clik.to/getk1 K-1 & Adjustment of Status Links Page http://clik.to/K1andAOSLinks
Newsgroup FAQ http://www.k1faq.com Arnaldo and Alvena's Fiance Visa Page
http://www2.apex.net/users/thehydes/ Immigration and Naturalization Service
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov {I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. For reliable
advice, please consult with a professional immigration attorney.}

> Not sure if folks here remember me and Stacy... we did the K-1 thing to get me over here
> from Australia, married in December '99, and have been waiting patiently for the June 18
> adjustment interview. So far, so good.
>
> Except it seems that when we moved house, the INS never registered the change of address
> I sent. Result: I only just today received my letter notifying me of my fingerprint
> appointment on January 10. (ahem) Eeeagh!
>
> So now I'm in a major panic. The letter says to write within 7 days if you need a
> different time, and obviously thats long gone by. Should I write anyway, and wait for
> the response? I'm not sure we could take the suspense. Should I go to the office in
> person to try to arrange a new time? No phone number is supplied on paper or at the INS
> web site, naturally.
>
> Suggestions? Reassurance?
>
> Please help!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> - David
>
> sitting in NYC, very worried

Old Jan 31st 2001, 3:07 pm
ddyte2

So now I'm in a major panic.

Panic averted, I'm pleased to say. Rather than write and worry, I went there in person,
and got the "wrong address? sorry about that. get in the queue" treatment.

And I was given a different form with a different department to mail, regarding my change
of address. Those in NY might want to know- if you're not mailing a change of address to
Church Street Station, they may not notice!

Relieved,

- David and Stacy

Old Jan 31st 2001, 7:36 pm
ddyte2

Re-read your fingerprint letter. Our letter plainly stated you could come
> on that day OR any day AFTER that day, just not before.
>

This one did say not to turn up before the day, but was silent on the subject of after,
save to request changes in writing within 7 days of receipt.

Anyway, relieved and happy now...

Thanks,

- David and Stacy

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 4:10 am
Bruce Hammond

INS has given me 2 weeks to get my fingerprints done. I'm curious, since I've been waiting
for my AOS interview and have now been told to get fingerprinted. Have they notified you
of your AOS interview yet? I plan to travel for the month of March. Got a ticket and
everything! What if!!??

Would appreciate ANYONE's help.

Brandy

[email protected] wrote:
>
> Not sure if folks here remember me and Stacy... we did the K-1 thing to get me over here
> from Australia, married in December '99, and have been waiting patiently for the June 18
> adjustment interview. So far, so good.
>
> Except it seems that when we moved house, the INS never registered the change of address
> I sent. Result: I only just today received my letter notifying me of my fingerprint
> appointment on January 10. (ahem) Eeeagh!
>
> So now I'm in a major panic. The letter says to write within 7 days if you need a
> different time, and obviously thats long gone by. Should I write anyway, and wait for
> the response? I'm not sure we could take the suspense. Should I go to the office in
> person to try to arrange a new time? No phone number is supplied on paper or at the INS
> web site, naturally.
>
> Suggestions? Reassurance?
>
> Please help!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> - David
>
> sitting in NYC, very worried