Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Fingerprinting twice within a year for AOS? Very weird...

Wikiposts

Fingerprinting twice within a year for AOS? Very weird...

Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Darkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fingerprinting twice within a year for AOS? Very weird...

This has me pulling my hair out...

I had my AOS (10 finger) and EAD fingerprints + Biometrics done in York,PA last september 2004.

Now I received a letter to do fingerprinting again.

The thing is, I DID do a 10 finger print!

My AOS NOA has the biometrics stamp with ASC site code, biometrics QA review and tenprints QA review filled in.

I guess I will call the hotline and see if I can make them take care of this...Since york is a 2 hour drive.

Has anyone else dealth with a problem like this?

I have my both my second fingerprinting and AOS interview one day apart now in may...sigh
Old Apr 14th 2005, 3:26 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fingerprinting twice within a year for AOS? Very weird...

Originally Posted by Darkie

I had my AOS (10 finger) and EAD fingerprints + Biometrics done in York,PA last september 2004.

My AOS NOA has the biometrics stamp with ASC site code, biometrics QA review and tenprints QA review filled in.

I guess I will call the hotline and see if I can make them take care of this...Since york is a 2 hour drive.

I have my both my second fingerprinting and AOS interview one day apart now in may...sigh
Hey you! Nice to see you here
Maybe the fingerprints have expired?, I don't know how long they are good for. Why don't you make an infopass appointment and find out what's going on?. Sorry I can't be of anymore help, hopefully someone else will chime in
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:30 am
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice

I dont think your prints expired. They are good for 15 months. The prints might have not gone through. Sometimes the system at the time accept the prints but the FBIs system dont and they have to redone. I think this would be a cause of concern because it can delay your case. Also sometimes when some information does not match for e.g. A#, DOB with the FBI it also does that. I would definatly make an infopass appointment. You can also call the FBI and confirm that they have recieved the prints and the results have been passed on to immigration.

Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

I wish I could go there and ask them, but philly is 2 hours away, I might as well go do it again.

The prints have a 15 month validity from what the papers say. I've found a post from someone else running into this problem, and for some reason their overseas consulate had requested the check.

It's just a weird situation, the end result is going to be one day wasted it seems
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice

Before you go though i would call teh FBI and find out what happened and when/if you do go ther i would also try out what happened on the immigration side with the first set.

I wish I could go there and ask them, but philly is 2 hours away, I might as well go do it again.

The prints have a 15 month validity from what the papers say. I've found a post from someone else running into this problem, and for some reason their overseas consulate had requested the check.

It's just a weird situation, the end result is going to be one day wasted it seems
Old Apr 15th 2005, 1:28 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

It happens all the time. There may have been an electronic glitch in the fingerprint recordation or transmission.

Nothing to worry about, just do it again.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for all your input.

The status of my case is the following :

"The results of your fingerprint review for your I-485 were received and processing has been resumed on your case"

The thing is, I have my (re)printing in York, PA the day before my AOS interview in Philadelphia,PA.

I will ask the Immigration officer what the issue is that made them print me again.

What is the phone number for the FBI? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thank you.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 3:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Darkie,

What a hassle for you.

As far as I know, the FBI no longer takes phone or fax inquiries, only email inquiries, and they are running 4 months behind in responding to those.

I would just do them again, and ask at the appointment if they know why it was necessary.

Best Wishes,
Rene