Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Fingerprinting/Biometrics interview, Charlotte - Questions

Wikiposts

Fingerprinting/Biometrics interview, Charlotte - Questions

Old Jul 6th 2004, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Ankh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fingerprinting/Biometrics interview, Charlotte - Questions

Hi all,

Just a few questions as we prepare for our little trip to Charlotte on Friday...

First off...do i need to take any evidence to the fingerprinting place ASIDE from my receipts of AOS/EAD applications?...

Do i need to take any sort of proof that my wife is who she is...so that she's allowed in too?

What should i wear?...is anything acceptable as its 'just' fingerprinting?

And in general...how long do these appointments take?...

Any input is greatly appreciated
Old Jul 6th 2004, 2:24 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fingerprinting/Biometrics interview, Charlotte - Questions

Originally posted by Ankh
Hi all,

Just a few questions as we prepare for our little trip to Charlotte on Friday...

First off...do i need to take any evidence to the fingerprinting place ASIDE from my receipts of AOS/EAD applications?...

Do i need to take any sort of proof that my wife is who she is...so that she's allowed in too?

Hey there

Bring Identification such as passport, State driving license, ID state.. SSN card..
When I went for my biometrics appointment (EAD), I brought Lexi (My step-daughter with me) and she wasn't asked for any identification, every office is different, so make sure she brings an ID.. or other type of identification
As for what to wear.. They don't care, at least they didn't care about my Britney Spears low jeans lol.
It took 5 minutes for me.. but like I said before.. every office is different!!
Good Luck!!
Old Jul 6th 2004, 9:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice

hi Ankh.

I went to the one in Raleigh months ago. just make sure bring your ID and the appointment letter. and try to come early since we dont know how crowded that would be!

about the clothes, i think its as long as you dont go naked hahaha. well put on something neat and comfy for you. when i was there it was still chilly so everyone wore jacket.

about the time you'd spend... hmm for comparison, i was number 2 in the line, the time inside the building (aside from waiting them to open), starting from filling the forms, washing hands, fingerprinting, washing hands again etc those all took less than 20 minutes!

have a nice trip to charlotte!!

anggraeni

Last edited by anggraeni; Jul 6th 2004 at 9:39 pm.
Old Jul 6th 2004, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by anggraeni
about the time you'd spend... hmm for comparison, i was number 2 in the line, the time inside the building (aside from waiting them to open), starting from filling the forms, washing hands, fingerprinting, washing hands again etc those all took less than 20 minutes!
anggraeni
Sheesh, when I made my appointment, they told me on the phone it will take from 2-3 hours. Thats NYC for ya though
Old Jul 7th 2004, 2:13 am
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Ankh

How are you both? Glad to hear you are getting on with the "processing"!!! When Martyn went for fingerprinting for his EAD to the ASC in Waukegan, IL, he just took his passport and his EAD NOA. I went with him and they didn't ask for any ID from me. It was the same when I went there for mine last year too. Dress was very casual and the security guard was very jolly and kept pointing to his convertible car telling us how great it was!! The Waukegan ASC is in a strip mall and apart from the official sign on the door it could have passed for an insurance company! There was no-one else there when we went (or when I went last year) and it took around 10 minutes altogether.

Hope life is treating you well.

Maggie

Originally posted by Ankh
Hi all,