Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Filing N400 and N600 while I 751 pending

Filing N400 and N600 while I 751 pending

Old Oct 7th 2009, 6:31 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing N400 and N600 while I 751 pending

OK, thanks.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Rete
No, I am not.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 6:51 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alina97
I believe if my husband would not adapt her she will face the same problems as I face now including possibility of deportation
In her case I hope they will not deport her anymore since she has a us passport now

But of course mine and her I-751 is still pending at the same time
Hopefully filing N400 and N600 will resolve it somehow
Her I-751 (as part of your application) must be moot if she has become a USC via adoption.

I think you need to separate the N-400 action and the N-600 action, in your mind. I can't see how N-600 would have any influence on your I-751.
Your N-400 will.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

alina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nice

Thank you
Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

alina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nicealina97 is just really nice

yes, just received my daughter US passport
Thanks god, I was not even sure myself that she was eligible.
Well ,I was pretty much very sure, but with those goverment organizations you never know
But the passport is here
At least they will not be able to deport her,
we have been here for almost 7 years now this is her country and it would kill me to see her going back to my country and new school again
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:12 am
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute

Well, in order for the child to become a US citizen by act of law, the child needs a US citizen father and to be an LPR - and to be an LPR means that the I-751 should have been adjudicated successfully. That's how the N-600 for the child is related with the I-751 for the mother. Of course, there is no guarantee that the N-600 will have any impact on the I-751 - I can see USCIS just approving the N-600 on the basis of a valid US passport, without considering the merits of the removal of conditions, since a US passport is conclusive proof of citizenship.

Originally Posted by meauxna
Her I-751 (as part of your application) must be moot if she has become a USC via adoption.

I think you need to separate the N-400 action and the N-600 action, in your mind. I can't see how N-600 would have any influence on your I-751.
Your N-400 will.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 12:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreamercon
Well, in order for the child to become a US citizen by act of law, the child needs a US citizen father and to be an LPR - and to be an LPR means that the I-751 should have been adjudicated successfully. That's how the N-600 for the child is related with the I-751 for the mother. Of course, there is no guarantee that the N-600 will have any impact on the I-751 - I can see USCIS just approving the N-600 on the basis of a valid US passport, without considering the merits of the removal of conditions, since a US passport is conclusive proof of citizenship.

They do not have to be an LPR ... just a PR, conditional or lawful.

You are not taking into consideration that the child was adopted and getting US Citizenship on the coattails of the foreign born naturalized parent.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 1:41 pm
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute

Of course the child needs to be an LPR to get citizenship by operation of law. A conditional LPR works fine, but if two years have passed since the grant of LPR status, a determination needs to be made as to whether the person is still an LPR or not - just like a naturalization application can not proceed if the conditions have not been removed.

The child got conditional LPR status from the former step father, not from the new adopted father.
(An analogy would be like this: Think of a spouse that got conditional LPR status from her old husband, she still needs to remove conditions to get citizenship even if she has a new US citizen husband and intends to get citizenship based on him with the three year rule.)

Originally Posted by Rete
They do not have to be an LPR ... just a PR, conditional or lawful.

You are not taking into consideration that the child was adopted and getting US Citizenship on the coattails of the foreign born naturalized parent.

Last edited by dreamercon; Oct 8th 2009 at 1:45 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

The issuance is semantics.

There is CPR and LPR there is no CLPR.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:25 pm
Concierge

She is not applying for naturalization. The child is a USC by virtual of adoption by a USC. As a USC her CPR status is now void as it is superceded by the naturalized status.

Of course the child needs to be an LPR to get citizenship by operation of law. A conditional LPR works fine, but if two years have passed since the grant of LPR status, a determination needs to be made as to whether the person is still an LPR or not - just like a naturalization application can not proceed if the conditions have not been removed.

The child got conditional LPR status from the former step father, not from the new adopted father.
(An analogy would be like this: Think of a spouse that got conditional LPR status from her old husband, she still needs to remove conditions to get citizenship even if she has a new US citizen husband and intends to get citizenship based on him with the three year rule.)
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:46 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

But she got citizenship from the new adopted father. The child's CPR status is now history.

Regards, JEff

Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

That' s why I had a question if I have to let them know somehow about her becoming a US citizen while I 751 pending

Can anybody tell me who is Ombudsman
I went to the Senator office with my pending i 751, but they did not do anything
Will Ombudsman be able to help more
How do I even locate Ombudsman
Is there is an office in every state or how does it work if my case is pending with Nebrasca service center
Old Oct 8th 2009, 3:57 pm

Google?

Regards, JEff

Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

notkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nicenotkim is just really nice

Alina97,

Here you go....

http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

Kim
Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:16 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

This child was adopted by a US citizen step father (father), which applies a different process. The child never needed to be an LPR or know anything about an I-751.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 4:20 pm
Concierge

AKAIHS, the ombudsman is just a title with no substance.

Why did you chose a senator over a congressperson? A representative seems to be more inclined to be of assistance than a senator's immigration help staff.

That' s why I had a question if I have to let them know somehow about her becoming a US citizen while I 751 pending

Can anybody tell me who is Ombudsman
I went to the Senator office with my pending i 751, but they did not do anything
Will Ombudsman be able to help more
Is there is an office in every state or how does it work if my case is pending with Nebrasca service center

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.