Family sponsorship

Old Mar 1st 2020, 5:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family sponsorship

Originally Posted by Prisovery
Thank you for your help. Still waiting to hear if anyone has been through this process. I know it won’t be the same but I would still like to hear from them.
This is a very recent thread from somebody that applied under family sponsorship (in Dec 2007) and who has just heard about the application - I-130 Dual approval which is correct

HTH.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

so u believe everything u read?
When it's an official Government publication about visas, from the Government department responsible for visas, on that Government department's official website then yes, of course I believe it.

The information is from Government functionaries who are audited, and therefore have no incentive to lie. I'd be a bit more skeptical if it was a policy announcement on Twitter by an elected official, but not when it comes to something like this.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

Prisovery is an unknown quantity at this point

When you are new to all this and all you would like is some support from perhaps people that have been through the same situation maybe it would be nice if people on this forum would have a little bit of empathy. When all you have wanted for such a long time is this I was just wondering if it was accurate as I know our government says there is x amount of homeless but actually it is rediculously way over their numbers! I take it the people that are replying are Infact British expats and know what people like myself and thousands of others are going through. Just trying to make a better life for my family. Thank u for those that have given me information and not patronised me
Old Mar 1st 2020, 5:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Prisovery, would you prefer that people told you lies ? The USA is a difficult place to emigrate to and has been for 100 years. Tough restrictions and quotas are not new.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=christmasoompa;12814309]This is a very recent thread from somebody that applied under family sponsorship (in Dec 2007) and who has just heard about the application - I-130 Dual approval which is correct

the link won’t load for some reason, thank u anyway

Old Mar 1st 2020, 6:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

When you are new to all this and all you would like is some support from perhaps people that have been through the same situation maybe it would be nice if people on this forum would have a little bit of empathy. When all you have wanted for such a long time is this I was just wondering if it was accurate as I know our government says there is x amount of homeless but actually it is rediculously way over their numbers! I take it the people that are replying are Infact British expats and know what people like myself and thousands of others are going through. Just trying to make a better life for my family. Thank u for those that have given me information and not patronised me
What you have got, above, is a discussion of the facts. We understand this is probably very disappointing for you, but none of us are going to sugarcoat things for you just to make you feel better. To your point about empathy, be aware that lawyers have a habit of "overselling" the service that they can provide, as their income depends on attracting clients. Whereas we, here on BE have no dog in the fight, so I believe that what you're getting is a fair and impartial picture of the reality you face.

You might do well to look at what standard of living you can afford in the US, because while I am not sure what the pay for someone in pharmaceutical sales might be, I suspect that you might find that your family income won't pay for as much of the American dream as you might hope for. .... In the past I have suggested that a family in a relatively low cost are of The South should be looking at a minimum annual income of around $100,000 for life in a moderately priced home in the suburbs covering utilities, vehicles, vacations, etc.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 1st 2020 at 6:08 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 6:18 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

From a practical point of view your Husband will be in his mid 50's, your father in his mid 80's, probably only the youngest child will be eligible to go and that child will be of Uni age and who knows if they would want to.

The wait times tend to lengthen as there are a fixed number of visa's issued each year and more and more people applying, it is not a straight line, just a general trend.

Best option in these cases is to file and forget, who knows what the situation might be that far forward.

The only thing that disturbs me is the information provided by the Lawyer however it is third hand and may have been corrupted.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

There are many huge pharmaceutical companies in the US and many employ foreign nationals. I don't know about Florida, but in CA, if you're on a visa, you're usually here because you're in tech or in pharma. Does the company your husband works for have US offices? If so, look into the possibility of transferring on an L (you would be able to work). If not, perhaps he needs to look for a new job in companies that do have US offices and offered the chance to relocate (he would need to work for them for at least a year before he could transfer). He could also start applying for jobs outright here in the US with the hope of being sponsored for a H-1b but this needs to happen very fast as the deadline for application for the 2020 H-1b lottery is 1 April 2020. If he found a company willing to sponsor him he would be entered into a lottery and would have a 1 in 4 chance of getting a visa and would be able to start work on 1 October 2020 (not before). Unfortunately, on this visa you would NEVER be able to work (you would get the derivative H-4 the so-called 'visa from hell'. Both these options could lead to green cards if the employer was willing to sponsor this further down the line.

There are other routes if your husband has significant experience, is cited, has published papers etc. Look into O visas (for extraordinary ability - no path to green card) and EB-2 NIW.

The tone of some of the old duffers on here is abysmal but the advice and info offered is usually correct and accurate. Good luck.

Old Mar 1st 2020, 6:33 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sherbert
There are many huge pharmaceutical companies in the US and many employ foreign nationals. I don't know about Florida, but in CA, if you're on a visa, you're usually here because you're in tech or in pharma. .....

There are other routes if your husband has significant experience, is cited, has published papers etc. Look into O visas (for extraordinary ability - no path to green card) and EB-2 NIW. ....
I don't think that either bit of advice applies to pharmaceutical sales, as per post #1, above.
.... The tone of some of the old duffers on here is abysmal but the advice and info offered is usually correct and accurate. Good luck.
Thank you, I guess.

Last edited by Pulaski; Mar 1st 2020 at 6:38 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

TexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond reputeTexanScot has a reputation beyond repute

the deadline for application for the 2020 H-1b lottery is 1 April 2020
Along with many other changes this year, the selection will take place on March 20th:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...ration-process
Old Mar 1st 2020, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

Going back to the original post.

You do not need a Lawyer, pretty simple application.

Nothing for the OP to pay, unless they are reimbursing her Father the application fee which I think is $535.

Most Lawyers have little dealing with Family immigration, not much money in it and for most people a pretty simple process so I wonder if the time quoted was the local processing wait and not the Visa Bulletin? A long processing wait can be beneficial as this is deducted from the Children's ages, not sure if it makes much difference in this case.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

sherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond reputesherbert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I don't think that either bit of advice applies to pharmaceutical sales, as per post #1, above.

Thank you, I guess.
I missed the part about sales .
Old Mar 1st 2020, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TexanScot
Along with many other changes this year, the selection will take place on March 20th:

https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...ration-process
Thanks for this link - I had no idea!
Old Mar 1st 2020, 7:16 pm
Account Closed

Thanks for this link - I had no idea!
It will be interesting to see what the consequences will be.my guess is that there will be a lot more applications, basically cheaper to play so from a Company perspective maximize your chances by putting more entries in.
Old Mar 1st 2020, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

Sorry Boiler I do not know what you mean?
The attorney that I have spoke with helped my dad originally 30 years ago and gave him the advice to get us citizenship in order to sponsor us. She is a family immigration lawyer and has been a friend and helped my father a lot.
also the link for the HB1 visa was that meant to be for my husband to try and get a visa that way even though he would not qualify if it’s sales that he does. Sorry everyone this is all very confusing!
i don’t think I could move and not be able to work and have such uncertainty for my 3 children by my husband having to renew visas etc every 3 years or so. It just seems like I have done all this too late. I should have done it a long time ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.