Family Based Immigration

Old May 1st 2007, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Based Immigration

Originally Posted by m4nd
Once you have been married to an American for 3 years you then become a US citizen too. That is why i am precise with the date.
Sorry, it doesn't work this way. Once he has been a PR for 3 years *and* has been married to a USC for 3 years, then he can *apply* for citizenship... but that could take another 6 months to a year before it's approved. He becomes a USC *only* when he formally takes the Oath of Allegience.

Ian
Old May 1st 2007, 10:34 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Boy oh boy... aren't you the happy jolly one today!

Ian
I left my sun-roof open and it's raining...

Okay, I've calmed down now. Good luck with it all, m4nd.

I'll be applying for my citizenship in September, and whenever that comes, I'll prolly petition for my sister. If I can. She'll probably be in her late 40s at the current rate. Would you consider moving here in your late 40s?
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Heather142 will become famous soon enoughHeather142 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I left my sun-roof open and it's raining...

Okay, I've calmed down now. Good luck with it all, m4nd.

I'll be applying for my citizenship in September, and whenever that comes, I'll prolly petition for my sister. If I can. She'll probably be in her late 40s at the current rate. Would you consider moving here in your late 40s?
Yep - by the time our petition became current, and we moved here, we were in our 40's. I'll admit it was a long wait but one benefit of that was the ability, and time, to save, save, save.
Old May 2nd 2007, 12:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Would you consider moving here in your late 40s?
I *did* move here in my late 40s... so did a lot of other folks.

Ian
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Perhaps his ceremony is arranged for that day ....

Do they do arrange ceremony dates 13 months in advance. More likely than not, the father will be able to apply for naturalization on that date and the entire process can take from 6 to 24 months to complete.
Old May 2nd 2007, 1:24 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

There is another person I know whose USC mother applied for him and his family in April 1999. His file has just been sent to the US Embassy in London, so his wait has been 8 years, although he is still waiting for the Embassy to send him his packet to start processing in the UK.

Best of luck.

Maggie

Hi guys

Great site!

I am looking for some help and advice as immigration is a minefield!

My father is currently a LPR but will be an US Citizen on 3rd June 08.

He is looking to sponsor me and my husband and baby under the "Family Based" category.

My questions are:

1. When he files the i-130 to sponsor me will he be applying for each of us separately and will the Embassy look at us a a family of 3 of will i be the only one with a good chance? Would my acceptance into the US automatically cover my husband and baby?

2. I have read the UK and US Embassy sites and they state that if you are accepted it is under your category and on a "1 in, 1 out" basis. How long can we expect to wait? I thought maybe 2, 3 years but am i being optimistic??

Thank you in advance,

Amanda
Old May 2nd 2007, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I *did* move here in my late 40s... so did a lot of other folks.

Ian
Looks like we are all a bunch of old farts.
Old May 6th 2007, 10:08 pm
Strabo

m4nd wrote:
>> Eight years under that category. But your category as a famliy-based
>> petition won't change.
>>
>> The only other way is a different visa altogether, as you said perhaps
>> a work visa.
>>
>> Rene
>
> Thank you for your advice, much appreciated.
>
> I am thoroughly depressed now though! I work for the CSA so i may look
> at going down the employer sponsorship route instead and applying to
> Child Support in the States.
>

Don't bother. We have too many people here now.

----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

Old Jun 17th 2007, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

m4nd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Can someone please give me some further clarification?

On the I-130 help notes, it states the USC filing the application should serve it at the USCIS Texas Service Centre (his state of residence).

When looking at this site, http://www.immigration.com/frame/dis...esstimefr.html is states that under my category they are working on applications with a receipt date of 14/12/06.

What is the difference between the 8 years indicated in this post and the date on this site?

Thanks in advance,

M4nd
Old Jun 18th 2007, 1:40 pm
Just Joined

swampyankee is on a distinguished road

Two weeks ago the USCIS website said the Vermont Service Center were processing applications made around six and a half years ago but when I checked again yesterday it came up as applications made up to 1 April 2006. Has something happened to unravel the backlog or is there a mistake?
Old Jun 18th 2007, 1:51 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

What is the difference between the 8 years indicated in this post and the date on this site?Thanks in advanceM4nd
Those that have received a visa number and those
who have not...
Old Jun 18th 2007, 4:44 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello

What you are looking at, with a date of December 2006, is the processing time at the Texas Service Center for the I-130 to get aproved.
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Pro...viceCenter=TSC

Once the I-130 is approved it will be sent to another line to wait for a visa number to become available. That is where the 8 years comes from. Below is the Visa Bulleting that is updated each month.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3258.html

I am an LPR and I can apply for citizenship in March 2008 which will be 3 years minus 90 days from the time I became an LPR and have been married 3 years to my USC husband. We've actually been married for 5 but almost 2 years was spent waiting for our I-130 to get approved in the first place.

Good luck

Maggie
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Family Based Immigration

I married USC in July 2002 ,PR card was dated Jan 2003. Applied for Naturalization, end Oct 05. Took the test on May 11th 06 and had Oath ceremony on June 30th 06..So 9 months. Thats in St Louis.
Good Luck.