Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

F4 visa, are we going to have problems??

F4 visa, are we going to have problems??

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

stelyn27 will become famous soon enough
Default F4 visa, are we going to have problems??

Just received a letter from the NVC, which states that our case has now been sent to the US embassy in london, (which is good).
On the letter the priority date is 14 mar 1996, the visa bullitin has the f4 visa with a date of 22 oct 1995, so is it possible to get an interview before the bullitin date reaches our priority date? Or are we going to be waiting for another 6 months.
any help or advice will be most welcome

Last edited by stelyn27; Oct 23rd 2006 at 12:45 pm.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:52 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F4 visa, are we going to have problems??

Originally Posted by stelyn27
Just received a letter from the NVC, which states that our case has now been sent to the US embassy in london, (which is good).
On the letter the priority date is 14 mar 1996, the visa bullitin has the f4 visa with a date of 22 oct 1995, so is it possible to get an interview before the bullitin date reaches our priority date? Or are we going to be waiting for another 6 months.
The backups at the London Embassy are huge ... but never say never ...
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stelyn27
Hi:

On the pedantic note -- you are talking about the "FB-4" category. The use of one letter followed by a number is the convention for NON-immigrant visas. [I was puzzled at first by your header since there is no "F-4" visa].

Now that I am finished with intitial digression -- figuring out when your date will come current is like reading tea leaves. It is important to note that cut-off dates are simply an expression of what people can NOW be granted visas. It is NOT an expression of projected waiting times. The visa cut off dates do not move in anything like a linear fashion.

Having said the above, the FB-4 category has been moving along at a pretty good clip this year -- it was at June 15, 1994 in January and has now reached Oct 15 1995 for November 2006. I don't see anyting in particular that would have caused an increase of filings since the first "245(i)" expiry date was September 30, 1997.

The fact that London has your case IS an indication that Department of State Visa Office THINKS your priority date should be reached within a year. But this is no gurantee.

You are able to see "the light at the end of the tunnel" -- but you still don't know how long the tunnel is, the speed of your train, or the condtion of the tracks up ahead.

Good luck.
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

stelyn27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

On the pedantic note -- you are talking about the "FB-4" category. The use of one letter followed by a number is the convention for NON-immigrant visas. [I was puzzled at first by your header since there is no "F-4" visa].

Now that I am finished with intitial digression -- figuring out when your date will come current is like reading tea leaves. It is important to note that cut-off dates are simply an expression of what people can NOW be granted visas. It is NOT an expression of projected waiting times. The visa cut off dates do not move in anything like a linear fashion.

Having said the above, the FB-4 category has been moving along at a pretty good clip this year -- it was at June 15, 1994 in January and has now reached Oct 15 1995 for November 2006. I don't see anyting in particular that would have caused an increase of filings since the first "245(i)" expiry date was September 30, 1997.

The fact that London has your case IS an indication that Department of State Visa Office THINKS your priority date should be reached within a year. But this is no gurantee.

You are able to see "the light at the end of the tunnel" -- but you still don't know how long the tunnel is, the speed of your train, or the condtion of the tracks up ahead.

Good luck.
Hi,
thanks for the info so far, to clear things (as best i can) up a bit, It is an immigrant visa (F-4 is on the paperwork) for a sibling sponsored visa.
On the original paper work we had an expiry date of 31/12/2006, does that have any thing to do with the dates?