F3 visa how long in UK.

Old Jan 25th 2023, 5:05 am
Just Joined

Lilyus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default F3 visa how long in UK.

Hi there,
My Mom sponsored for my sister family who lives in UK as F3 since 01/2022 until now, the I130 hasn’t approved yet. USCIS is actively review the case. For what I read, in some countries, F3 processing time may take up 10 years, but I don’t know how long to bring my sister in UK to the U.S? If someone experienced or know about that, please share your thoughts. I appreciate a lot. Thank you for reading my post. Have a great day!
Old Jan 25th 2023, 6:20 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F3 visa how long in UK.

Originally Posted by Lilyus
Hi there,
My Mom sponsored for my sister family who lives in UK as F3 since 01/2022 until now, the I130 hasn’t approved yet. USCIS is actively review the case. For what I read, in some countries, F3 processing time may take up 10 years, but I don’t know how long to bring my sister in UK to the U.S? If someone experienced or know about that, please share your thoughts. I appreciate a lot. Thank you for reading my post. Have a great day!
Hi, welcome to BE.

You can check it yourself on the Visa Bulletin. Unfortunately, as you can see from that, the wait is currently quite a bit longer than 10 years, currently Nov 2008 applications from the UK are being processed so just over a 14 year wait. Bear in mind there's no way of knowing how many people are in the queue ahead of your sister though, so could be longer or shorter, but it gives you a rough idea at least.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...uary-2023.html

HTH.
Old Jan 25th 2023, 10:12 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,My Mom sponsored for my sister family who lives in UK as F3 since 01/2022 until now, the I130 hasn’t approved yet. USCIS is actively review the case. For what I read, in some countries, F3 processing time may take up 10 years, but I don’t know how long to bring my sister in UK to the U.S? If someone experienced or know about that, please share your thoughts. I appreciate a lot. Thank you for reading my post. Have a great day!
Is your mom a US LPR or USC?And how did your mom immigrate to the USA?How old is your sister? ​​​​​​

​​​​​​​Rene
Old Jan 25th 2023, 12:44 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE.

You can check it yourself on the Visa Bulletin. Unfortunately, as you can see from that, the wait is currently quite a bit longer than 10 years, currently Nov 2008 applications from the UK are being processed so just over a 14 year wait. Bear in mind there's no way of knowing how many people are in the queue ahead of your sister though, so could be longer or shorter, but it gives you a rough idea at least.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...uary-2023.html

HTH.
The posted link has a chart at the bottom for the history of the cutoff dates. See here.

For assistance in reading the chart, do note that the US Government Fiscal Year starts on October 1st. So, FY 2023 started on October 1, 2022. Also, the yearly allocation of visa is front loaded to the first three quarters of the year; hence numbers slow down in fourth quarter. To get a global picture, I recommend looking at October of each year.

Also, there may be external factors influencing the numbers.

Old Jan 25th 2023, 12:48 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

A further point, FB3 is for married sons and daughters. If your sister’s marriage should end, say she becomes widowed, her FB3 will automatically convert to FB2 with the same priority date. (Although automatic, Visa Office needs to be notified).
Old Jan 25th 2023, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your feedback! I was hoping the queue in UK shorter than other countries, but I still need to wait the priority date comes to current.
Old Jan 25th 2023, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Is your mom a US LPR or USC?And how did your mom immigrate to the USA?How old is your sister? ​​​​​​

Rene
My mom is a USC. We filled out I130. My sister file is F3.
Old Jan 25th 2023, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

Thank you very much everyone for your answers!
Old Jan 25th 2023, 10:53 pm
BE Commentator

Thank you for your feedback! I was hoping the queue in UK shorter than other countries, but I still need to wait the priority date comes to current.
The system treats all countries equally but there is a numerical cap for visas to any one country. If you look at the Visa Bulletin, Mexico and the Philippines are the only two which hit the per country cap in FB-3.

BTW, did BOTH your parents file for your sister? When I was in practice I occasionally saw circumstances where only parent filed and then the filing parent prédécesseur the non-filing parent.

Also, I you are a U.S. citizen, you can file a petition as insurance.
Old Feb 26th 2023, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Floridasteve is an unknown quantity at this point

My father applied for my F3 visa July 10th 2014, wea re still awaiting the approval notice and its nearly 9 years since we applied take a look at this link this should help you Processing Times (uscis.gov) also time can change quicky depending what Service centre you are at.
long drawn out wait i'm afraid.