Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Expected costs of Green Card from L1 Visa

Wikiposts

Expected costs of Green Card from L1 Visa

Old Apr 8th 2015, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

retzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond reputeretzie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expected costs of Green Card from L1 Visa

Originally Posted by Wibblypig
I485 - $10000 including all legal fees, filing, medicals, fedex etc.
What are they doing, plating it in gold??

I did mine myself (dead easy), so just needed the filing and medical fees (I don't recall any Fedex - USPS with receipt IIRC). Even if you have several family members, I don't see how a lawyer possibly adds that kind of value

Oh well, I hope someone else is paying!
Old Apr 8th 2015, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by retzie
What are they doing, plating it in gold??

I did mine myself (dead easy), so just needed the filing and medical fees (I don't recall any Fedex - USPS with receipt IIRC). Even if you have several family members, I don't see how a lawyer possibly adds that kind of value

Oh well, I hope someone else is paying!
Sorry I should have said that was 5 (2 adults, 3 children). Yes, as said, the company paid for everything (including medicals etc).
Old Apr 8th 2015, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

nudda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by retzie
I did mine myself (dead easy), so just needed the filing and medical fees (I don't recall any Fedex - USPS with receipt IIRC).
Any more inforamtion on this please?
I would like to basically know forms, processing time and fees.

This is what I know so far ...

* The employer files Form I-140, the Petition for an Alien Worker with USCIS.

* Upon approval of the I-140, the alien beneficiary files for Adjustment of Status, Form I-485, if they are already in the U.S. For more information about Adjustment of Status, please click here.

Appreciate your help!

Last edited by nudda; Apr 8th 2015 at 6:47 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 12:03 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda

* Upon approval of the I-140, the alien beneficiary files for Adjustment of Status, Form I-485, if they are already in the U.S.
It seems you already know the forms; fees are linked in post #2 in this thread; and processing times vary.

Ian
Old Apr 9th 2015, 2:37 am
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nudda
Any more inforamtion on this please?

This is what I know so far ...

* The employer files Form I-140, the Petition for an Alien Worker with USCIS.

* Upon approval of the I-140, the alien beneficiary files for Adjustment of Status, Form I-485, if they are already in the U.S. For more information about Adjustment of Status, please click here.

Appreciate your help!
From experience I would not go on any of the times given by USCIS, I used this site, filter to make it as close your own and it should give you a better idea of how long they are really taking:

Green Card Tracker (I-140 Tracker)
Old Apr 9th 2015, 4:30 am
BE Enthusiast

thank you!
Old Apr 9th 2015, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

LJSassy is a jewel in the roughLJSassy is a jewel in the roughLJSassy is a jewel in the roughLJSassy is a jewel in the rough

We are currently going though the process of L1 to Green Card - and pretty much everything has been done through the company's lawyers. 2 adults and 3 children cost wise is approx $2500 per person I was advised, so possibly up to $12500 max. This includes medical fees and anything else that is chargeable - the company is covering the cost fortunately.

Our paperwork was submitted mid Feb'15, we had our biometric appointment mid March'15, and are hoping to have it all done and dusted in approx 6-9 months. So far so good.

Good luck with everything.

Last edited by LJSassy; Apr 9th 2015 at 10:32 am. Reason: typo
Old Apr 9th 2015, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks LJSassy