Wikiposts

Expansion of InfoPass

Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:56 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expansion of InfoPass

AILA has distributed a CIS press relase dated July 16th. InfoPass will be available in NYC as of July 22, 2004. It is anticipated to be available as of early Septmember nationwide [no specific date given].
Old Jul 19th 2004, 6:59 am
Welsh Wife

JohnCindy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Expansion of InfoPass

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
AILA has distributed a CIS press relase dated July 16th. InfoPass will be available in NYC as of July 22, 2004. It is anticipated to be available as of early Septmember nationwide [no specific date given].
Wow awesome keep us informed please

Cindy & John
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by JohnCindy
Wow awesome keep us informed please

Cindy & John

Can someone explain how Infopass works? I have the general gist of it from reading it on the site, but I'm not sure I understand it... will it be beneficial for people who have already filed, or only for new applications?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:08 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is great news for all the people who didn't have this service available before. The last time I went to the Miami office, there were only about 50 people waiting round the back at 8.30am, whereas before Infopass, there used to be around 300, so the change is obvious and VERY dramatic!!!

The only thing I'm wondering is that will people be able to book appointments over the phone if they don't have internet access? When I spoke with a rep at the "helpline", I was told (probably incorrectly) that I was no longer able to schedule an appointment over the phone if Infopass is available. Where does that leave the people who don't have use of the internet?

Kate. xxx
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:34 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by katesuiter1
This is great news for all the people who didn't have this service available before. The last time I went to the Miami office, there were only about 50 people waiting round the back at 8.30am, whereas before Infopass, there used to be around 300, so the change is obvious and VERY dramatic!!!

The only thing I'm wondering is that will people be able to book appointments over the phone if they don't have internet access? When I spoke with a rep at the "helpline", I was told (probably incorrectly) that I was no longer able to schedule an appointment over the phone if Infopass is available. Where does that leave the people who don't have use of the internet?

Kate. xxx
Cyber place??

Infopass is available in Miami, Texas..New York and more. It seems like they are making it available in the "busiest" local offices first.. am I right?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:28 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by katesuiter1

Kate. xxx
In Los Angeles -- those without infopass appointments are sent to a Kiosk to get one.

If you don't have a computer, then go the library or an internet cafe or what not.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 5:57 am
Brenda Ballard

this may be a dumb question what is the purpose of the info pass will
it allow processing to be done faster..
BB

Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:30 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by Brenda Ballard
BB
Hi:

I have no idea. However, it does allow you to go down and check on cases. Also, you will be able to make appointment for certain ministerial tasks as I-89 processing and passport stamping after approval of an I-751.
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:40 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by andrea874
Can someone explain how Infopass works? I have the general gist of it from reading it on the site, but I'm not sure I understand it... will it be beneficial for people who have already filed, or only for new applications?
Hi Andrea.. Its very simple you go to the web site
http://infopass.uscis.gov/
put in your zip
put a click on the service you want most will go for "You wish to speak to an immigration officer."
put in a few detail, name, DOB etc
then you get a list of date and times available
click the one you want
print out the page .
attend interview
Old Jul 20th 2004, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Hi Andrea.. Its very simple you go to the web site
http://infopass.uscis.gov/
put in your zip
put a click on the service you want most will go for "You wish to speak to an immigration officer."
put in a few detail, name, DOB etc
then you get a list of date and times available
click the one you want
print out the page .
attend interview
Well hey I'm Canadian I'm not THAT smart haha
What I meant was actually something different, I was thinking of the expedited AOS pilot thing. I thought they were somehow related
Old Jul 20th 2004, 7:14 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Brenda Ballard
BB
For extremely busy offices like Miami, it's a Godsend for anyone who needs to take care of appointments which aren't scheduled by USCIS. Normally, an overnight camp-out was necessary to be be seen in a reasonable amount of time at Miami, but I think that's all changed now that appointments can be scheduled through Infopass.

Kate. xxx
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:15 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking of the expedited AOS pilot thing. I thought they were somehow related
Uuuummmm No!
Old Jul 20th 2004, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by ray6
Uuuummmm No!

Yeah yeah I realized my mistake. Just ignore me
Old Jul 20th 2004, 9:34 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah yeah I realized my mistake. Just ignore me
Ray is a crabby arse.. don't listen to him:lecture: