Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

examination of external genitalia for green card?!!

examination of external genitalia for green card?!!

Old May 20th 2010, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

beaglette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: examination of external genitalia for green card?!!

Originally Posted by crg
I'm not sure that is a counterpoint to people being too uptight. Hasn't anyone ever changed in a locker room before? I wouldn't go to a nude beach, but I have no problem with the medical professionals looking if it is required.
Hmmm...I wouldn't say that I am uptight about nudity, I just think that there is something a bit sordid about having someone tell you to lift your skirt and drop your pants to check if you have something untoward growing there, especially when many of the diseases are unheard of in Europe and, as someone has already posted, there are many that would go totally undetected. And especially when I've already been living here for 2 years - plenty of time to infect the population if I was so-inclined :-)
Old May 20th 2010, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by crg
I'm not sure that is a counterpoint to people being too uptight. Hasn't anyone ever changed in a locker room before? I wouldn't go to a nude beach, but I have no problem with the medical professionals looking if it is required.
Totally agree - if I had warts, bumps and ulcers on my bits (which is what they are looking for) I would have no problem rushing off to the nearest OB-GYN to get it treated. I guess it is irritating that I just saw my OB-GYN last month anyhow, but they won't take his word for it.
Old May 26th 2010, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

Just to let those who are interested know we had our medicals today. We were lucky enough to have a recommended doctor who was very reasonable about everything, so we all got to keep our knickers on and had the minimum number of shots considering dh and I didn't have any records at all. The most difficult part was keeping my 18 m.o. under control when he freaked out over my paper gown and tried to rip the whole thing off
Old May 26th 2010, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

tokyojo is an unknown quantity at this point

I read somewhere before we had our medical that the doctor would ask a series of questions to determine you mental stability, our doctor hardly spoke to us apart from get undressed and done.
Old May 26th 2010, 1:25 pm
Resident Sillycow

mellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond reputemellybrown has a reputation beyond repute

neither hubby or I had to get undressed, in fact it was a very quick examination - she asked a few medical history questions, tested our reflexes, pushed on our bellys and sent us off on our merry way (well to get the vaccinations we were missing!)

quite happy about the whole experience now, after reading other peoples!!
Old May 26th 2010, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I had to wave the wanger ... the doctor stood back and applauded ...

I'd wanted to give you Karma but it seems, contrary to my delicate normal self, I have to spread it around a bit! Still love your comment though
Old May 26th 2010, 11:22 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MandyNi
I'd wanted to give you Karma but it seems, contrary to my delicate normal self, I have to spread it around a bit! Still love your comment though
tsk, 3 smilies.. you'll never endear yourself that way...
Old May 27th 2010, 3:29 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

For all those who feel the doctor never checked their bit
Do realize their green card or status could be terminated because of an incorrectly run medical

best to keep your gob shut
Old May 27th 2010, 3:33 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

I just thought it was because the nice blonde nurse wanted to see my knob.
Old May 27th 2010, 4:35 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

If they missed the inspection at the GC stage do not forget to show it at the Naturalisation interview.
Old May 27th 2010, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boiler
If they missed the inspection at the GC stage do not forget to show it at the Naturalisation interview.
Unless they want to take the measurements at biometrics.
Old May 27th 2010, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beaglette
Unless they want to take the measurements at biometrics.
I believe it's one of the new data fields on the RFID version of the I-551.
Old May 31st 2010, 4:13 pm
With 'er indoors :-D

Rumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really niceRumplestiltskin is just really nice

My bad. Was all true though.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:23 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Apparently the female doctor made a very thorough investigation of my husband's 'wanger'.
I had a lady doctor in London for my medical. She put her hand in my pants, grabbed my nuts and told me to cough. That was it.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me reading this thread and cracking up laughing??
knobs, wangers, nuts and meat & veg.... i'm going to pursue a career in medicine i think

Seriously though... when you've had a couple of kids, you're well used to all manner of docs, nurses, students and hospital porters having a good ol rummage down there....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.