Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

examination of external genitalia for green card?!!

examination of external genitalia for green card?!!

Old May 18th 2010, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

beaglette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default examination of external genitalia for green card?!!

We are currently in S. California on a visa and are just about to go for the medical exam for the green card. According to the instructions for the i-693 the civil surgeon will need to examine our 'external genitalia' in the medical exam which I am none too happy about!! Do they really do this or is it something they might skip over (wishful thinking)? Also my dd is 7 so I am assuming she won't need to strip off even if I have to? Do families usually all go together, or is it a one by one affair? Many thanks.
Old May 18th 2010, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

srefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of lightsrefre is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: examination of external genitalia for green card?!!

I haven't had my medical yet, but there are plenty of people on here who have, and who have posted reports of this.

Have a search around and you should get an idea of what goes on.
From the reports by others, it seems like the external examination is to confirm you are male or female more than anything else.

Not sure what the situation is with children, but I'm sure someone else can provide more info.

I really don't think it is too much to worry about though. My personal thought is its not like noone else has ever seen me naked before and the Dr has most likely seen loads of people and doesn't even care.
Old May 18th 2010, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks - I guess it's not really that big a deal, and I wouldn't mind if there was something wrong with me, it just feels a bit degrading having to strip off for the sake of it! I would have hoped that having given birth to 2 children would be enough proof I am all woman ;-)
Old May 18th 2010, 3:14 pm
Passport Collector

dreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond reputedreamercon has a reputation beyond repute

Even though the doctors are supposed to check, most people I know of were not asked to strip - some doctors skip this part.

Originally Posted by beaglette
Thanks - I guess it's not really that big a deal, and I wouldn't mind if there was something wrong with me, it just feels a bit degrading having to strip off for the sake of it! I would have hoped that having given birth to 2 children would be enough proof I am all woman ;-)
Old May 18th 2010, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much all the reports I've read by men state that they had to go through the 'cough' test. I've never read of a woman undergoing a genitalia examination.
Old May 18th 2010, 5:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Pretty much all the reports I've read by men state that they had to go through the 'cough' test. I've never read of a woman undergoing a genitalia examination.
I never had to strip...(even though I offered several times )
and they certainly didn't ask either of the children to...can't remember about hubby.
Old May 18th 2010, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

tokyojo is an unknown quantity at this point

We have just had the medical exam, wife and 6 year old daughter did NOT have to strip, myself and 3 sons did have to strip naked, the doctor checked the groin area, quite thouroughly I might had, which included moving the testicles around and pulling the foreskin back?? My sons are 20, 17 & 11, all 4 of us had the same examination, which in all honesty I though was strange for an 11 year old boy to have to go through. I had to be present in the room with all the boys when they had the exam, which was really uncomfortoble for my sons.
Old May 18th 2010, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Oh dear, that sounds awful! Now I'm really glad I'm not a man - now my dh is the one that's worried. Like everything else it seems to depend on who your doctor is - I just hope we get a reasonable one!
Thanks for all the information.
Old May 18th 2010, 9:32 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I had to wave the wanger ... the doctor stood back and applauded ...
Old May 18th 2010, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Zonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond reputeZonie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I had to wave the wanger ... the doctor stood back and applauded ...
He was obviously in to collecting miniatures.

Last edited by Zonie; May 18th 2010 at 10:14 pm.
Old May 18th 2010, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Clarki is an unknown quantity at this point

I did not have to strip off at all. I am a female.
Old May 19th 2010, 12:11 am

Jaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond reputeJaxbar has a reputation beyond repute

I am female. I had to drop em they have to check you havnt had a sex change. If you have a brazilian they wont have to poke around so much
Old May 19th 2010, 2:53 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

None of my family had to strip or have any invasive examination whatsoever. The immigration approved doctor we went to was wonderful, and ignored about 75% of the "required" tests.
Old May 19th 2010, 2:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently the female doctor made a very thorough investigation of my husband's 'wanger'.
Old May 19th 2010, 2:57 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

My theory is that doctors with the most experience doing immigration medicals do the least invasive tests. After all, they know that most of them are bollocks (pardon the pun) and totally unnecessary.

By contrast, a doctor who has done none or very few will most likely read the list of required tests and follow each one to the letter.

I can't help thinking that the doctor who was pulling back foreskins had no f***ing clue what he was supposed to be doing, like so many of the medical profession in this country.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.