Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Should I tell the POE about my mum when asked?

Should I tell the POE about my mum when asked?

Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

tracybee4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should I tell the POE about my mum when asked?

Thank you all for such a wonderful forum.

Im visiting my sister in usa very soon for 1st time. however my mum (our mum) is in the usa staying with my sister even though her visa is expired. my sister invited her to the usa more than 1yr ago.

just wondering what to say if im asked these questions:
has anyone of you visited your sister before?

if my answer is yes,and they want to know the where about of my mum, what should i say? and also any question concerning my mum.
what if i answer no.

Please help.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 3:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should I tell the POE about my mum when asked?

Put simply, never lie at the POE. Ever. Period.

Just answer the question asked, and don't offer further information unless specifically asked.

I doubt you'll be asked about your mom.

Rene
Old Mar 29th 2010, 4:32 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracybee4
Thank you all for such a wonderful forum.

Im visiting my sister in usa very soon for 1st time. however my mum (our mum) is in the usa staying with my sister even though her visa is expired. my sister invited her to the usa more than 1yr ago.

just wondering what to say if im asked these questions:
has anyone of you visited your sister before?

if my answer is yes,and they want to know the where about of my mum, what should i say? and also any question concerning my mum.
what if i answer no.

Please help.
What is your sister's citizenship? Your mother? What are your mother's plans?
What is your citizenship; are you traveling with or without a visa?

What will you say if you are asked if any family members are in the US?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 4:54 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracybee4
... however my mum (our mum) is in the usa staying with my sister even though her visa is expired. my sister invited her to the usa more than 1yr ago.
Just so you know... if she leaves the US for any reason whatsoever, it's very likely that your mom will immediately be subject to a 10-year ban from returning to the US.

Ian