aaron1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ESTA VISA WAIVER

So glad I should be ok. Thanks guys.

x
Old Aug 14th 2011, 5:59 am
Just Joined

Is there anyway I can confirm this - i.e, emailing US Customs or whatever?

I am just a worrier. If I knew for certain then I'd be okay?

Does anyone have any experience of going to US with a minor record and through ESTA?

Just PEFRIFIED of being turned away at POE.

Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of

There's nowhere I know of. Ultimately the decision to let anyone in rests with the officer at the POE. They can refuse anyone if they think they have a reason.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:07 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aaron1987
Is there anyway I can confirm this - i.e, emailing US Customs or whatever?

I am just a worrier. If I knew for certain then I'd be okay?

Does anyone have any experience of going to US with a minor record and through ESTA?

Just PEFRIFIED of being turned away at POE.

The only people who have the right to enter the USA are US citizens. All others take some degree of risk by showing up at a US POE and requesting entry. For those people, there is NEVER a 100% guarantee. There is just absolutely no way to be *certain*. The best you can do is either say you *probably will* or *probably won't* be OK.

Rene
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:13 am
Just Joined

Ok, but me being arrested at age 17 for a minor offence, that was thrown out will look dodgy when I turn up at the POE.

The question is about moral turpitude.

My offence surely doesn't cover that, but some sites say any arrests require a vise.

I am so confused.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:15 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, but me being arrested at age 17 for a minor offence, that was thrown out will look dodgy when I turn up at the POE.

The question is about moral turpitude.

My offence surely doesn't cover that, but some sites say any arrests require a vise.

I am so confused.
Complete the ESTA honestly. If it gets approved, use it to travel to the USA. Answer all questions from the POE agent honestly. Don't volunteer extra information.

That's all you can do.

Rene
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

RayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud ofRayM has much to be proud of

Quit worrying. You've had good advice from others and been told that your arrest wouldn't be a CIMT and that the officer at POE can't see the arrest details. From what I've seen you risk is the same as anyone visiting the US. None of us a guaranteed entry.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by RayM
Quit worrying. You've had good advice from others and been told that your arrest wouldn't be a CIMT and that the officer at POE can't see the arrest details. From what I've seen you risk is the same as anyone visiting the US. None of us a guaranteed entry.
Do you really think?

I just wonder why the US Embassy and countless airlines say you need a visa just for ANY ARREST. When the US Border's site and the ESTA site ask about CIMT.

Is that just to cover themselves.

And thank you all.

x
Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

Do you really think?

I just wonder why the US Embassy and countless airlines say you need a visa just for ANY ARREST. When the US Border's site and the ESTA site ask about CIMT.

Is that just to cover themselves.

And thank you all.

x
The VWP/ESTA is administered by the Department of Homeland Security.

The US Embassy is part of the Department of State, a separate part of the US government, and which, it might be worth mentioning, gets fee income from visa applications.

If you meet the conditions set by the DHS to qualify for the ESTA, and the consensus here is that you do, then that's what matters.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:12 am
Just Joined

So when I do the ESTA form and send it, and if it comes back as approved, then will that be confirmation that I have a good chance of being admissable to the US. Could you potetionally lie about a CIMT like drug-dealing and it would deny approval? Or is it a matter of blind faith?

Sorry for being a pain.

Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

rpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond reputerpjs has a reputation beyond repute

So when I do the ESTA form and send it, and if it comes back as approved, then will that be confirmation that I have a good chance of being admissable to the US. Could you potetionally lie about a CIMT like drug-dealing and it would deny approval? Or is it a matter of blind faith?

Sorry for being a pain.

You should never lie to immigration, but if your only run in with the law is a single arrest then acquital for a minor non-CIMT offence, which is what you appear to be saying, then you can honestly tick the "no" box and you should be admissable.

As has been said, no-one but a US citizen is guaranteed admission, not even Green Card holders like me, but practically speaking, nothing you've said makes you seem any more likely to have a problem than the millions of ESTA/VWP visitors who come and go every year.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:24 am

So when I do the ESTA form and send it, and if it comes back as approved, then will that be confirmation that I have a good chance of being admissable to the US.
No. All it does is allow you to use the VWP to come to the USA border and seek entry, just like a visa does.

Could you potetionally lie about a CIMT like drug-dealing and it would deny approval?
No, if you lie on the ESTA about having a CIMT, the ESTA can be approved. You would have gotten it fraudulently. The POE officer can still deny you entry.

Or is it a matter of blind faith?
Well, the ESTA form is blind, because it relies on your honesty to fill it out. If you lie, it can't go around and double check your answers. However, lying on any immigration form is VERY BAD. Don't do it. If discovered, it can mean a lifetime ban from the USA.

Rene
Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Am I worrying too much?

How many people getting deported back from the POE?

It is such a minor offence, and I can honestly tick the box NO, and will.

Just hope it works for me.

Thank you all.

x
Old Aug 14th 2011, 12:27 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Am I worrying too much?
Yes... way too much.

How many people getting deported back from the POE?
That information isn't available... but out of tens of thousands of ESTA admissions each day, I doubt more than a handful are turned away.

I suggest you switch to decaf... you'll be more calm as a result.

Ian
Old Aug 14th 2011, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

Ok, thank you, ever so much.

I am just a little relieved that the POE officials won't have my arrest details in front of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.