Esta revoked after check in.

Old Jul 21st 2020, 10:07 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Esta revoked after check in.

Originally Posted by Ja5on
They stamped her passport and wrote WT(wavier tourist). I checked online and her original esta has been reactivated.
Now that is an “admission.” There were several alternatives to WT which have the bottom line of being physically enlarged into the US.

The visa waiver program was started in the mid-80’s as a temporary pilot program which was extended every few years to finally be made permanent in 2000. One time the authorization actually expired. Inasmuch as renewal was considered imminent, former INS simply paroled the travelers in for 90 days.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kooky.
"You" was meant in relation to his getting his daughter through. She has an ESTA. If she got in by virtue of being family, great, but nobody should make travel plans on the basis of having an unexpired ESTA.
Nobody? The order is quite clear that minor children of USCs are exempt and are absolutely allowed to travel. You are not even a resident, let alone a USC, so your situation is completely different to the OP. He cannot be denied entry to his country.

Apples and oranges.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ja5on
They stamped her passport and wrote WT(wavier tourist). I checked online and her original esta has been reactivated.

That’s good news! Thank you for updating us.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 2:12 am
Austin. TX.

petitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond reputepetitefrancaise has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the daughter a USC anyway? Under 18 and all that.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 4:08 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise
It’s a tad more complicated. I lecture on the subject for the bi-annual training offered by the Immigration Section of the LA County Bar Association. I tell the lawyer students “look at the charts.” The rest of the lecture is playing with the charts.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

postbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond reputepostbox134 has a reputation beyond repute

I heard from a friend (UKC) who flew in with his USC wife the other month. The ESTA was cancelled midflight and then reactived after going through secondary with their marriage certificate. It seems they know you are boarding and unlikely to be allowed in with an ESTA, they updating when you prove an exception.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

navman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking for some similar guidance, My wife and I are Legal Permanent Residents, My 4 year old daughter is a US citizen.

My mother resides in the UK and usually enters the US under the Visa waiver program, my wife is due to have surgery late next month and I would like my mother to be here to help out and help take care of our daughter.

Can my mother enter the US under the VWP or any other Visa program or is there a way to seek special approval to allow her to enter the US? My mothers current ESTA expired in March 2020.

Any advice / assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 2:25 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Please do not post multiple requests, it clutters up the forum and diverts topics, your original thread remains open here:

Travel to US for Permanent Residents Parent

Remember that it's still pretty early, and a working day, for those of us in the US. You will no doubt get more replies as the day gets older.

Last edited by civilservant; Jul 22nd 2020 at 2:39 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 2:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steph0scope
Nobody? The order is quite clear that minor children of USCs are exempt and are absolutely allowed to travel. You are not even a resident, let alone a USC, so your situation is completely different to the OP. He cannot be denied entry to his country.

Apples and oranges.
In fairness Kooky did say "nobody ...... on the basis of an unexpired ESTA" - and you then cited being a citizen and it not being possible to deny him entry.

Apples and oranges.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by petitefrancaise

Sounds like the child lives in the UK so isn't in the physical custody of the USC parent. Otherwise the child would have become a USC upon the parent's naturalization.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
In fairness Kooky did say "nobody ...... on the basis of an unexpired ESTA" - and you then cited being a citizen and it not being possible to deny him entry.

Apples and oranges.
I didn't express myself well...I meant the qualifying factor (being a minor child of a USC) is poles apart from Kooky's circumstances. It was based on the 'nobody' that I was trying (badly) to say that 'nobody' is not the case. Father being a USC was an unnecessary addition but I'm not the only one guilty of that on here.