Wikiposts

ESTA Expiry

Old Aug 19th 2021, 4:57 am
Just Joined

Sam3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ESTA Expiry

Hi,

I have a question regarding ESTA for traveling to the USA if anyone can advise please. Does an ESTA need to be valid for the entire duration of my stay in the USA or does it only need to be valid when you enter the USA? I'm a British national and currently have an ESTA that expires on 12th September 2021. I intend to travel to the USA before my ESTA expires and wondering if I would need to apply for a new ESTA that would would be valid for another 2 years or if I can travel on my existing ESTA and stay in the USA beyond my ESTA expiry date.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Aug 19th 2021, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESTA Expiry

Originally Posted by Sam3
Hi,

I have a question regarding ESTA for traveling to the USA if anyone can advise please. Does an ESTA need to be valid for the entire duration of my stay in the USA or does it only need to be valid when you enter the USA? I'm a British national and currently have an ESTA that expires on 12th September 2021. I intend to travel to the USA before my ESTA expires and wondering if I would need to apply for a new ESTA that would would be valid for another 2 years or if I can travel on my existing ESTA and stay in the USA beyond my ESTA expiry date.

Many thanks in advance.
See here: https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Artic...language=en_US

"If your ESTA expires while in the United States (U.S.) it will not affect your departure." First para.
Old Aug 19th 2021, 5:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Many thanks in advance.
You don't need a new one - https://www.cbp.gov/travel/internati...-system-travel

Assume you are exempt from the travel ban or travelling from somewhere other than the UK?
Old Aug 19th 2021, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Sam3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks All. Yes, I'm exempt from the travel ban, my wife is American.
Old Aug 30th 2021, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks All. Yes, I'm exempt from the travel ban, my wife is American.
be aware that they might cancel your esta as soon as you check in, I flew with my daughter who was exempt and the airlines didn’t know how to fix it. I ended up having to call the us embassy and they told me to call cbp. They spoke with the airline agent and gave them a number to call to have it fixed.

Old Aug 30th 2021, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

destone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond reputedestone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ja5on
be aware that they might cancel your esta as soon as you check in, I flew with my daughter who was exempt and the airlines didn’t know how to fix it. I ended up having to call the us embassy and they told me to call cbp. They spoke with the airline agent and gave them a number to call to have it fixed.
BA has a dedicated phone line to CBP. Not sure what inept airline you had to deal with.
Old Aug 30th 2021, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Ja5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of lightJa5on is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by destone
BA has a dedicated phone line to CBP. Not sure what inept airline you had to deal with.
It was air portugal, they have the same access as BA. They just didn’t know what they were doing and it was a huge pain!