ESTA declined - worked in Sudan

Old Feb 21st 2018, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all
Default Re: ESTA declined - worked in Sudan

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Assuming that you're not actually implicated in terrorist activities, it is close to certain that your visa will be approved .... but there is a fairly high likelihood that it will be after several months of AP, so you will likely be "good to go" for a winter break next year, and the following three - eight years (depending on what length of visa you are given).

Just remember that when the time comes to renew your visa that you should also allow for the same sort of time delay due to administrative processing i.e. apply (depending on current processing times) eight-ten months ahead of your planned travel.
If we are not able to travel on the 7th March then that will be it there will be likelihood of us ever visiting the US. Plenty of other holiday destinations in the world. If I could have got some reliable information on the likelihood of having to go through AP I would have abandoned the holiday and not wasted further money applying for the B2 visa once my ESTA was declined.

Now i have paid for the B2 interview and I live near London I will attend the interview and report back on the process.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

bruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura aboutbruceba has a spectacular aura about

I work in the ship repair industry. A few of my friends from the UK have had to go thru the process because of similar travel history. They were able to get their B1/B2 quite quickly. Hope you have the same luck.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 3:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I can only offer the best wishes for a quick approval for your upcoming visit to the US. I've not a clue what your last name is and can't tell if you would be on the watch list because of a certain surname. If it goes into AP, and is approved after the proposed visit, at least you will have a visa for future use if you wished to visit the US sometime in the future. I agree, with you, there are other more desirable places to visit worldwide than the US.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
Thanks for all comments - I will report back on the process and outcome. Basically if B-2 is declined or AP we don't travel, we lose $2500 and the US is off our future holiday list. Not a life changing event just a lesson learned
Just to note, even "non-changeable" airline tickets can often be changed - for a fee, of course. I've done it once, and others I know have too.

Hopefully you'll get your visa anyway.
Old Feb 21st 2018, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rete
I can only offer the best wishes for a quick approval for your upcoming visit to the US. I've not a clue what your last name is and can't tell if you would be on the watch list because of a certain surname. If it goes into AP, and is approved after the proposed visit, at least you will have a visa for future use if you wished to visit the US sometime in the future. I agree, with you, there are other more desirable places to visit worldwide than the US.
My surname is anglo/saxon originating from the North of England and meaning "from the village near the south cliff"

True there are more desirable places to visit, but after a career in overseas development we are attracted to developed countries that do not have visa problems !!! We did Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa last year.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Arrived at London embassy at 7.00 am for a 8.00 am interview. The new London embassy is 10 minute walk from Vauxhall Bridge Station it is in a bleak area of concrete blocks and construction sites, no coffee shops, not even an entrepreneurial vender. Queue outside for security: there is no protection from the weather so if it is wet bring an umbrella. There are two queues - blue for US citizens, red for visa applicants signage is poor (non existent) so make sure to join the right queue. After security join the next queue to enter the building, someone will check that you are within your allocated time slot. Enter the building and queue at desk to get a number. Go up to first floor and wait for number to be called. When called queue at the allocated window to have documents scanned and fingerprints taken. Return to next section of waiting area and wait to be called for interview. Numbers are called randomly so keep alert.

My interview lasted 2 minutes after which i was told that my visa was approved and will be issued in 3 to 5 working days. I took supporting document but was not allowed to present any of them. All staff polite and friendly.

I was out of the embassy by 8.30 am. Just over 30 minutes from entering to leaving. But people arriving for later interviews were joining much longer queues at all stages.

I did not see any facilities (food or drink) in the waiting areas. I assume that there are WCs but if so they are not sign posted.

I only had to travel 20 miles to the embassy. If I had travelled from the other end of the country, 200 miles or so, for a 2 minute interview I would have felt somewhat short changed.

Now hoping to get my passport back in time for my flight booking in 12 days time.

Last edited by gottheTshirt; Feb 23rd 2018 at 11:22 am. Reason: typo
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah I'm glad for you. you get everything back in time.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 10:55 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Good news! I'm glad that it worked out for you.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant
Good news! I'm glad that it worked out for you.
Congratulations!
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 3:01 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Looks like you won't need to scratch the US off your travel plans just yet.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

Good news, enjoy your trip
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 3:55 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Nice. Glad it worked out.
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

BenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond reputeBenK91 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news!
Old Feb 23rd 2018, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

carcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond reputecarcajou has a reputation beyond repute

Those from VWP-eligible countries who have visited Sudan after March 1, 2011, cannot use an ESTA.

https://nl.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-waiver-program/
Old Feb 24th 2018, 12:01 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gottheTshirt
.... My interview lasted 2 minutes after which i was told that my visa was approved and will be issued in 3 to 5 working days. .....
Yeah, congratulations! That's great news.

Also many thanks for the detailed description of your visit to the new US embassy and your experiences - that information will be invaluable for others who have interviews coming up. We always appreciate people who come back after their visa interview and describe their experience, and especially at time when the process, or location has changed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.