Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

ESTA-CRIMINAL RECORD-PETTY OFFENSE EXEPTION??

Wikiposts

ESTA-CRIMINAL RECORD-PETTY OFFENSE EXEPTION??

Old May 7th 2013, 8:03 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESTA-CRIMINAL RECORD-PETTY OFFENSE EXEPTION??

Originally Posted by minnie-mouse-69
Is the b2 forever, or just until my passport expires?
Right, quick, before Material Controller chimes in. Yes, my B2 visa is for life. You will have to ask to have a new one put into your passport when you apply for your new passport as and when your passport expires.
Old May 7th 2013, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

minnie-mouse-69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats great,thanks it will save me a lot of hassle over the next few years.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Marocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond reputeMarocco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
So many things wrong with this post. Where to even start...
Agree - what a load of nonsense.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:16 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marocco
Agree - what a load of nonsense.
So that's two people have effectively called me a liar. Well, as neither of you were there, how could you possibly know. I will now unsubscribe from this thread.

Go bait someone else.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snap Shot
Good job it was only meant for the original poster. I was speaking from personal experience so back off. If you read it properly, you would see that I made a point of saying the year. I'm well aware that things will have changed in the intervening 8 years.

(I'm so tempted to ask a moderator to delete your deliberately rude post MC...where to even start Frankly, how dare you critique my post when I have told the truth. You didn't live the experience with me, so how dare you question what happened.)
The biggest mistake you've made is in saying the B2 visa is "for life". That's actually a load of rubbish.

The maximum validity is 10 years. And not everyone receives that, some applicants get B2's for shorter periods of time. And if an applicant requires a waiver of ineligibility with their B2 the maximum validity is only 5 years - not to mention that most people will only receive 12 months for their first couple of applications and maybe only 24 months thereafter.

It's not just a question of timespan/longevity either. Visas can also be limited in terms of how many entries to the USA they allow.

So spare us the outrage and incredulity please. Most of what you've written in this thread has been grossly misleading and unhelpful. You'd have been better off keeping quiet.

Originally Posted by minnie-mouse-69
Thats great,thanks it will save me a lot of hassle over the next few years.
Don't get ahead of yourself. Snap Shot's information is incorrect. You've been misinformed by somebody who may have been well intentioned but, sadly, doesn't know what they're talking about.
Old May 7th 2013, 9:39 pm
Just Joined

That sucks,thought i had found the perfect solution to my problem
Old May 8th 2013, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

DavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond reputeDavidLemon has a reputation beyond repute

Right, quick, before Material Controller chimes in. Yes, my B2 visa is for life. You will have to ask to have a new one put into your passport when you apply for your new passport as and when your passport expires.
Sorry Snap Shot you are wrong... A B-2 visa is not for life, it has an expiration date which differs for different circumstances. The longest a B-2 is valid for is 10 years multiple entry. Unlike a puppy, a B-2 is not for life. Also wrong on the fact of new passport. If you have a valid B-2 in an expired passport then you carry the two passports with you, the new one and the old one with the valid visa in it. Whilst they will not put a valid visa in an expired passport, the visa does not expire with the passport and remains valid until its expiration.
Old May 8th 2013, 2:31 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

So that's two people have effectively called me a liar. Well, as neither of you were there, how could you possibly know. I will now unsubscribe from this thread.

Go bait someone else.
Thats, good.

They did not call you a liar, they said you were wrong, which you were.

One of the plus point with an open forum is when others can pick up mistakes which may have major consequences.

Wonder if Scottish citizens will retain VWP privileges after independence?
Old May 8th 2013, 7:16 am
Just Joined

What do you mean boiler? Will scottish people not be able to use vwp after independance? Will everyone need b2?
Old May 8th 2013, 7:21 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

The US determines what countries are VWP countries. There is absolutely no guarantees that an independent Scotland whould automatically be included. Indeed some countries have had to follow a roadmap to VWP status before being granted it, some took several years. It'll also depend to reciprocity.

Last edited by civilservant; May 8th 2013 at 7:38 am.