Entering the US on the L1B

Old Mar 11th 2008, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

pejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond reputepejpm1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Entering the US on the L1B

I'm entering the US on 1st April with my new L1B visa! Anyway, just a general question really....I'm going to bring my passport (obviously!), my notice of action, my white visa form that I fill in on the plane,and all my paperwork....is their anything that I need to do or say other than that? Do I just go to the normal line, tell them that I'm entering for the first time on my L1B, and thats it? Will they keep me there for a long time? Will I have the usualy interigation as if I were a regular holiday maker or would it be even worse? Can anyone share their experience?
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

rdiamon1 will become famous soon enoughrdiamon1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Entering the US on the L1B

I came through 8 years ago on my L1B and all they checked was the passport (visa and the rest of it), asked me questions on who I work for, what I will be doing etc and that was it (if I remember rightly). They do get pissed if you fill in the wrong form though (or can't find a pen, one of the agents had a go at me once asking me how many times had I done this to present a blank form to him).
Old Mar 11th 2008, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

rdiamon1 will become famous soon enoughrdiamon1 will become famous soon enough

Yes, normal line.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:00 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

12 years ago, I was sent to the green room where they copied every page from my passport. No more than a minor inconvenience.. All good. Easy Peasy. If you have an L1-B you are fine and you might/likely will go straight through.
Old Mar 11th 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold

I have come through several times using L1. As far as I've experienced you don't get asked any more than a tourist - you will probably be asked which company you or spouse work for. I don't think I even mentioned it was my first time entering on the L1 when we followed on after my husband. Other than that usually takes the same time as a tourist. Yes you will have to go through the normal channel until you get a green card - much quicker then.

Good luck
Soap Addict

Originally Posted by pejpm1 View Post
I'm entering the US on 1st April with my new L1B visa! Anyway, just a general question really....I'm going to bring my passport (obviously!), my notice of action, my white visa form that I fill in on the plane,and all my paperwork....is their anything that I need to do or say other than that? Do I just go to the normal line, tell them that I'm entering for the first time on my L1B, and thats it? Will they keep me there for a long time? Will I have the usualy interigation as if I were a regular holiday maker or would it be even worse? Can anyone share their experience?
Old Mar 12th 2008, 12:50 pm
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

we came in on L1A dec' 06- no problems, few questions and in we came.

quite painless infact
Old Mar 12th 2008, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

ri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of lightri_mischief is a glorious beacon of light

When I first came in my L1A I didn't volunteer the information that it was my first time (on the basis that if I was asked I would have done, but otherwise why confuse them...)

I've entered the US about 20 times since (I travel a lot) on the L1 and am always asked the same question - Job Title and name of company. Occassionally where am I based, what does the company do. Never had any problems at all.

And yes - it's the tourist line - although I just did that hell for the last time - cos my greencard got approved Monday YAH!