Entering on AP during AOS

Old May 24th 2017, 7:46 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Entering on AP during AOS

Just a quick report on re-entering the USA while in the process of AOS from O-3 to LPR. Flew into Washington Dulles and during processing (fingerprints, photo...) at the immigration cubicle was handed an orange form along with my passport, AP card and customs form. Handed my baggage tags over to another member of CBP staff and then followed the red/orange line to secondary inspection. Handed my docs over again and waited about 20 minutes for my suitcases to be brought in. Was called to desk and shown the parole stamp in my passport, valid for 1 year. Informed that I would get this on each entry while on AP, received my passport back and headed out into the arrivals hall. All very straightforward, just an extra chore.
Old May 24th 2017, 8:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Entering on AP during AOS

This will occur as long as your AP is valid and until AOS is adjudicated. If your AOS is not adjudicated before the expiration of the AP, then you need to renew the AP if you wish to travel outside of the US. Is your EAD attached to your AP or did you not apply for it?
Old May 24th 2017, 10:27 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
This will occur as long as your AP is valid and until AOS is adjudicated. If your AOS is not adjudicated before the expiration of the AP, then you need to renew the AP if you wish to travel outside of the US. Is your EAD attached to your AP or did you not apply for it?
Yes, I do have the combo EAD/AP card, and our immigration lawyer has already mentioned applying for the renewal later in the year if necessary.
Old May 25th 2017, 10:56 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Rete on this one.
Old May 25th 2017, 12:29 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

I was fully expecting the visit to secondary, but this post was really intended as a heads up for how that process proceeds for others in the same AOS boat. There were others in there who seemed to be getting more questions than me, but I have no idea what drew them into the back office.
Old May 25th 2017, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

Pugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond reputePugilation has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing, I got my EAD/AP approval through last week and waiting on the card now. We have a family event in France in October so we should be good to attend (assuming that the status quo remains the status quo!).