End of the road - I-751 approved

Old May 4th 2007, 3:02 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: End of the road - I-751 approved

I realize that no mother, father, brother, sister, husband or wife, wants their son, daughter, sibling or spouse to enter into the military during times of crisis and encounter the very high risk of death and/or injury. However, if Mahir is under the age of 26 and is called up by a draft, if one is instituted, what will you do then?

As for his employment, there are other jobs in the State of Massachusetts if he loses his because of having to endure 28 days in the Turkish military.

And, believe me, there is never any guarantee of anything in life. For all you know, Mahir might not pass the medical for the military Turkey.

If worse comes to worse, then he never visits Turkey again until he is too old to be taken.

PS if you are so poorly paid that you cannot survive on your salary along, how are you planning on having a family?
Old May 4th 2007, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

Wow, quite a harsh post.

First, he's over 26 so won't happen. Second, Turkey has given him nothing except his birthplace - it has caused only problems so he doesn't owe them anything let alone money that we have worked hard for and his time away from his family and home. Third, when it takes you 3 years to find a great job like he has then you don't want to give that up and nothing is worth that. Fourth, us having a family depends on his salary, not mine, so how does that have anything to do with him being taken away for military.

Anyway, I'm done. I don't mind "advice" which is what this board I thought was about but much of what you said was extremely harsh and very insensitive. Sorry to bother you with my problems - you must have never had to deal with what we've had to deal with the past 7 years.

Originally Posted by Rete
I realize that no mother, father, brother, sister, husband or wife, wants their son, daughter, sibling or spouse to enter into the military during times of crisis and encounter the very high risk of death and/or injury. However, if Mahir is under the age of 26 and is called up by a draft, if one is instituted, what will you do then?

As for his employment, there are other jobs in the State of Massachusetts if he loses his because of having to endure 28 days in the Turkish military.

And, believe me, there is never any guarantee of anything in life. For all you know, Mahir might not pass the medical for the military Turkey.

If worse comes to worse, then he never visits Turkey again until he is too old to be taken.

PS if you are so poorly paid that you cannot survive on your salary along, how are you planning on having a family?
Old May 4th 2007, 7:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry you found it harsh. It was NOT written in a harsh manner or tone. I did not say one thing that could be construed as insensitive or harsh. I think it is you, not I, that have a problem. And yes I have had to deal with all you have dealt with and more in the last 9 years. I also have a current husband who still is in the military. My first husband was in the military in Viet Nam. I just lost a recently father who was in the Pacific Theater in WWII and a mother who lived in Germany during the same time period.

As for your salary, you are the one that stated you can't live on it. So if your husband loses his job and it takes 3 years to find another "good" one, what the heck are you going to do. Eat at a soup kitchen on sleep in an alley because you have such a low salary that it can't support one person, let alone two?

As for Turkey, it is his country. If he dislikes it so much and doesn't want to have anything whatsoever to do with it, then he need never go back, even to visit family. Family can come to him or meet him in a third country.

Not those two paragraphs might be construed as harsh but they are really straightforward and looking at your situation realistically.

In fact, I think my post was very sensitive and caring and straightforward.

Last edited by Rete; May 4th 2007 at 7:24 pm.
Old May 4th 2007, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

MMA2002 will become famous soon enough

Whatever happened to discussions, not judging and nasty comments? I thought this board was about supporting each other through our immigration and other such problems.

Again, I apologize to the OP who's post has completely gotten out of hand because I made one statement that I felt would help the OP and out of that found out something pretty problematic for my family.
Old May 4th 2007, 9:49 pm
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete

You're right - there are no gurantees. Perhaps Turkey magically decides that $8000 and 28 days is not enough once he's in their hands. And many families cannot survive on one salary alone.
Old May 5th 2007, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

Archie Wilson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave
PS: We were processed through the Texas service center, for those interested. Papers were accepted by USCIS on 12/7/06, biometrics appointment set for 1/18/07. My wife was out of the country, so we wrote a letter to reschedule for May. She came back early, and we walked in to the Charlotte ASC on 4/4/07. Online notice said application was approved on 4/23/07, and the 10 year GC arrived 5/2/07. I assume it would have come much sooner if the biometrics had been done in January :P
I think your assumption that your I-751 would have been adjudicated any quicker due to a delayed biometrics appointment is incorrect.
My wife's biometric appointment was late December 2006 after filing I-751 on 12/7/2006, and her approval and receipt of gc was almost identical to yours.
Archie Wilson
Old May 9th 2007, 7:43 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NOLA_Dave
Well, the long saga is over. One day after our 3rd anniversary, my wife got her 10 year GC.

Congrats NOLA_Dave & Mrs NOLA_Dave!!!

Best wishes for mum and her speedy recovery