End of an era...

Old Mar 10th 2002, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

Mikie2468 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default End of an era...

Hi all,

Well, I got my green card in the mail today. This leads me to want to make a few points:

1. Vermont is fast with the green cards! Our interview was on Feb 13th. They told us to expect to wait 3-6 months.

2. The overall procedure took slightly over eleven months, from my now-wife mailing the first form to receiving my green card. Is this perhaps some kind of record? We were very lucky to receive quick processing at almost every stage of the procedure.

3. The K1 community is priviliged and extremely fortunate to have a newsgroup like this. We used the Doc Steen pages many times throughout the process, and there is no way we would have managed it without the help of her and the other helpful souls who frequent this NG.

4. I would be grateful if the maintainer of the Doc Steen site could mail me off-list. It's been invaluable, and we would like to make a contribution towards his/her (her?) expenses.

Thanks again, everybody - it's not exactly been fun, but this NG has made it much less painful.

Mike & Erin.

mike_smith_2468@pleasedon'tspamme.yahoo.com