Employment Letter for Interview

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Jo_B will become famous soon enoughJo_B will become famous soon enough
Default Employment Letter for Interview

I have my husbands letter of employment dated Feb. 4/02 and I also have his last 3 years W-2's. Would these be enough for the Consulate to issue our visa'a?
Thank you for any replies.
Jo
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Ameriscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employment Letter for Interview

We had a letter from my husband's employer to the consulate. It used very standard wording, IIRC, saying how long he was employed with the company, that it was a permanent job and the salary.

You need copies of the last 3 years' 1040 tax returns with all the schedules and attachments. W2s are not adequate. If he does not have copies of his tax returns, he can order tax transcripts from the IRS.
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your prompt reply Ameriscot.
I do have copies of the last 3 yrs of taxes. (sorry, forgot to mention those) They are the originals he received thru H & R Block, however only signed by the preparer and not my husband. Do you know if they are adequate?
Also, his employer's letter is 5 months old, will that be a major problem with the Consualte?
Thanks again
Jo
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 8:23 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Prove he is still working for the same company by including the latest paystub from that employer. In today's world where companies are folding and/or downsizing daily, it is wise to have proof that he is still working.

Rete
Old Jul 22nd 2002, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks so much
I really do appreciate all the help and info I find among these pages.
Jo