Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Employment based immigration interview at London

Employment based immigration interview at London

Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

ashklive is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employment based immigration interview at London

Hello,
I have immigration interview under employment category (EB3) scheduled at the US embassy,London. Can someone please share their interview experience with me ? what to expect and what kind of questions would be asked ? Also, i want to know whether i need to carry the latest offer letter from my employer though the appointment letter does not mention it.

thanks,
-- Ashklive
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:28 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Employment based immigration interview at London

I would definitely bring anything you feel is relevant to your request. Better to have it and not need it...
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:37 pm
now I know my J,C,B's

Paul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond reputePaul S has a reputation beyond repute

Done 2 so far (original and renewal). After all the basic stuff (fingerprints and paperwork submission), take a seat and wait (for me no more than an hour although YMMV). The interviews I have had, basically took the form of confirming who you will be working for and what the nature of the job/position was. I don't think either went over more than 5 minutes max
Once that was done and its all okay they take your passport, you go and pay for the return at the 'exit' counter and leave. I've been lucky and its been quick (always had appointments early morning), I know some had had long long waits whilst in there
Old Jul 8th 2011, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Paul S
Done 2 so far (original and renewal). After all the basic stuff (fingerprints and paperwork submission), take a seat and wait (for me no more than an hour although YMMV). The interviews I have had, basically took the form of confirming who you will be working for and what the nature of the job/position was. I don't think either went over more than 5 minutes max
Once that was done and its all okay they take your passport, you go and pay for the return at the 'exit' counter and leave. I've been lucky and its been quick (always had appointments early morning), I know some had had long long waits whilst in there
Thanks all for your answers. My interview is next Tuesday and it is employment based immigration. Do i need to take my children who are 2 year and 6 years old with me for the interview ?
Old Jul 8th 2011, 3:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ashklive
Thanks all for your answers. My interview is next Tuesday and it is employment based immigration. Do i need to take my children who are 2 year and 6 years old with me for the interview ?
If they are coming to the USA with you, I would assume they need to be at the interview so they can also receive visas.

Rene
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:04 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,
I have immigration interview under employment category (EB3) scheduled at the US embassy,London. Can someone please share their interview experience with me ? what to expect and what kind of questions would be asked ? Also, i want to know whether i need to carry the latest offer letter from my employer though the appointment letter does not mention it.

thanks,
-- Ashklive
bring your degrees ... they check them carefully
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ray
bring your degrees ... they check them carefully
Thank you Ray. I am thinking of taking following.
Degree
Experience certificates
Current offer letter
Current pay slips

Anything else i need ? Your help is much appreciated.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If they are coming to the USA with you, I would assume they need to be at the interview so they can also receive visas.

Rene
I just called their expensive operator line and was told that children under 14 years are not needed. Just need to take their passports. Hope i was given the correct information. I prefer not to take them as they will be so much trouble to handle inside embassy, but also doesn't want to be in a position to be told during interview that they were needed in person. Has anyone gone through similar experience ?

thanks
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:19 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You could always look on the Embassy website. Or ask your immigration lawyer.

Who is required to attend?

All applicants registered for immigration in the immediate relative category, including children, are required to attend the Embassy in person for a formal visa interview with a U.S. consular officer. Persons under the age of fourteen who are deriving status from an immigrant visa or a K visa petition filed on behalf of a parent and are applying for the visa at the same time as the parent need not attend the interview. They must, however, attend the medical examination.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
You could always look on the Embassy website.
I guess people would rather ask here than do it for themselves... as though we had nothing else to do than be at their beck and call.

Ian
Old Jul 8th 2011, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Fred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to allFred16 is a name known to all

We did not take our children for interview inMarch2007
Both were under 14 at the time
Old Jul 11th 2011, 9:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
I guess people would rather ask here than do it for themselves... as though we had nothing else to do than be at their beck and call.

Ian
Well, i did look at the embassy website before asking here and the wording there is not very helpful. Would you know whether children of employment based immigration candidate come under 'deriving status from an immigrant visa' ? In any case, the whole purpose of this forum is to learn from other people's experiences; people who have been through the actual process.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 10:29 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Would you know whether children of employment based immigration candidate come under 'deriving status from an immigrant visa' ?
An employment based visa is different from an immigrant visa. Which one are you asking about?

If employment based visa, which one?

How old are the children?

Rene
Old Jul 11th 2011, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
An employment based visa is different from an immigrant visa. Which one are you asking about?

If employment based visa, which one?

How old are the children?

Rene
It is employment based immigrant visa.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_1323.html

Both children are under 14 years.
Old Jul 11th 2011, 2:05 pm

It is employment based immigrant visa.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_1323.html

Both children are under 14 years.
Thanks for clarifying. Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, but thought it would be helpful to clarify for others reading.

Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.